What is followup like at HRRH?

NorthernStar
on 7/16/12 11:19 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12
I know I had the follow up schedule in a packet of information, but I can't seem to find it. I have my one-month follow up with the nurse, surgeon and dietician next week, but just wondering what the rest of followup is like? How many times do you see the surgeon?

I am hoping for general stuff like bloodwork I can see my GP and not have to go all the way to Toronto.

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

Laurie C.
on 7/16/12 11:44 pm, edited 7/16/12 11:44 pm - Collingwood, ON, Canada

I've only had the one month follow up, saw Dr. Starr at his office and then over to Humber, saw the nurse and answered and asked questions, then the Nutritionist and got weighed, then had a Nutrition class which was very good.  The best part was that everyone in the waiting room was about one month out so lots of information was passed around.
Laurie
Bloodwork at 3 month appt.

Surgery:  June 11, 2012--Dr. Starr--Humber

ruth63
on 7/17/12 4:08 am - aurora, Canada
A few  points,
one if you have your blood done anywhere else, huge cost involved.
two I saw the doctor one month after surgery and asked the nurse if I needed to go at 3 months and she said no issues , one year is fine
You will need to come again at 4th month to do blood again and get weighted, its really imp. as if any of your levels are off they will call you and may say more iron or some other vitiam you are lacking.
It is good to sit in the waiting room and talk with others and the followup meeting is very helpful.
I told everyone in the past about the 15 parking pass that cost only $45.00, which is a real bargain if you have to come to Humber more than 3 times in the next year, which I think you need to. .
Support group there once a month very helpful, s.w. and dietitian are there, topic plus answer all your questions, about 20 attend each month.

Hope this is helpful
(deactivated member)
on 7/17/12 5:11 am - Oshawa, ON, Canada
VSG on 01/28/13
 Thanks for the parking pass info. Good to know :)
NorthernStar
on 7/17/12 4:11 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12
Thanks for the replies.

If I see my GP and she orders bloodwork, why would there be a cost involved? I don't mind paying anyways. I'd rather pay a small lab fee than waste an entire vacation day, tank of gas and parking money driving to Toronto. I'll ask at my one month followup next week what can be done with my GP.

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

ShallowGirl
on 7/17/12 11:43 am - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12
I have my one month at HRRH next week. My letter says I have to go back 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, then biannually (I think that means every 2 years)

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

Most Active
Recent Topics