NSV

binaakwe
on 8/25/12 4:25 am - Lindsay, Canada
RNY on 08/13/12
Hey folks.

Went to the local theatre last night for the first time in a long time.  I used to go all the time, whenever I could afford it.

I fit in the seats!!!  I was so surprised and delighted that I did not have to invade the space of the people on either side.  Nor did I have to move to an empty space which I have also done to avoid craming into the people on either side of me.  It was heaven.

Also, I was late for an appointment earlier in the day.  My back hurt as usual (old injury).  But I was able to speed up!!!  Two years ago, I was using a walker to get around.  Now, I can walk fast, without more pain!!!  I couldn't believe it.  I was so amazed.  I can't believe the difference that a 70 lb loss has made in my life.  I've just had my RNY so I am hoping that my weight loss is just beginning!

I LOVE my RNY!

Thanks for listening.

- Bin

Referral:     Dec 12, 2011                                        RNY Surgery:         August 13, 2012
          HW:          394 lbs                                                 SW:                        334 lbs

(deactivated member)
on 8/25/12 4:35 am - Oshawa, ON, Canada
VSG on 01/28/13
That sounds wonderful Congrats!
TanyaLH
on 8/25/12 5:02 am - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13
 Congrats!!!

(deactivated member)
on 8/25/12 5:31 am
 Isn't great to fit in the seats! In the airplane is best! 
Onward and downward, in weight of course!
dna
on 8/25/12 5:42 am - Canada
Thats awesome !  How freeing it must feel to be to hurry without your walker ! 

I LOVE the wee theatre in Lindsay :)  It's so sweet.  The last time I was there I was 9 months pregnant lol I am going to go next summer after RNY :)   Maybe I will see you there !

Keep up the NSV's !
Referral:  August 2011  Information session:  November 2011
Nut/Psych/SW: Spring 2012  Surgeon Meet:  July 6, 2012  Surgery: August 30, 2012

ShallowGirl
on 8/25/12 5:54 am - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12
Excellent ! And congrats on your pre-op commitment to weight loss. My surgeon says that those who commit before have the best results after.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

KristieA
on 8/25/12 5:58 am - Orillia, Canada
Congrats Bin. The weight loss should certainly help your back pain. Here is a good news story to hold on to - I was on 180-240mg of MS Contin (morphine) daily for back pain and often needed a cane two years ago. The pain was unreal. I had cortisone epidurals as well in an attempt to alleviate some of the pain. I am 17 months post op and on NO MEDS! The journey has been tough and I still have my days, but things have gotten so much better. I even joined a learn to run group. Never in a million years did I think I would walk fast or run.

Congrats and keep up the great work.

Kristie

"Don't trade what you want the most,
                    for what you want at the moment."

(deactivated member)
on 8/25/12 6:07 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12
Awesome Bin.
HaroldC
on 8/25/12 6:11 am - Canada
Thanks for sharing!

I am sure that this just the begining of the NSV's.
Everyday over the next 12 months you will find NSV's that appear all the time!

Wait till you can go on amusment park rides with no fear of fitting in the sat or breaking the locks...that was the "crazy" moment for me!

Keep on going!
Harold

SW 291  GW 199.9 CW 180 Surgery: TWH Dr. Penner Dec 20 2011
Celebrating life and opportunities for new beginings!!!

sam1am
on 8/25/12 6:15 am
 Way to go Bin!  Doesn't it just seem like a miracle some days?

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Most Active
Recent Topics