Bike ride challenge

Patm
on 9/9/12 3:21 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12
I was pretty much a couch potatoe. I tried to exercise but was unable to do alot. I have arthritis and fibromyalgia. I am also 61 years old. SO I decided with this surgery I was going to get fit. I have been biking and swimming with some aquafit as well. My son does the bike ride for MS every year. He does 50 k. I decided to do the shorter route of 30k. It is actually quite hard for someone in my physical shape but managed to fini**** I am so proud f the fact I finished it. I wanted to share because sometimes you need to hear some positive news.

Laurie C.
on 9/9/12 4:12 pm - Collingwood, ON, Canada

Congratulations that's a wonderful accomplishment.

I guess you proved that "60 is the new 40"

Laurie

Surgery:  June 11, 2012--Dr. Starr--Humber

Moselle
on 9/9/12 4:15 pm - Athens, Canada
Congratulations on biking 30K. That is a wonderful accomplishment. Keep up the good work.
ShallowGirl
on 9/9/12 4:31 pm - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12
That's amazing - my hat is off to you !

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

Toni B.
on 9/9/12 6:10 pm - Sudbury, Ontario
RNY on 01/19/12
WOW. That is amazing. I have biked 30K so I know precisely how long of a ride that is...and I can appreciate how much your butt can sometimes hurt after biking for that long.

Congratulations on finishing that... you must feel amazing. I have a friend that suffers with fibromyalgia...and so I feel I have a bit of an understanding of the condition...and the fact that you were able to do a 30K bike ride really just makes me smile extra wider for you... that truly is awesome.

So happy for you!

Toni..."Bravery is not the absence of fear, but the will to overcome it"
 www.fatgirlchangingherworld.com Twitter:@fatgirlchanging
   Surgery JAN. 19th, 2012 Down 120 lbs & 75 inches @ my last Weigh in!!!!  
Fat Girl Changing her World

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Nanato2
on 9/9/12 6:10 pm - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13
Way to go on the 30k ride that is a great accomplishment you should be very proud of yourself 30k is a long ride. 
That is one of the things I am looking forward to doing is biking again.
It was also a pleasure to meet you last Wed. at TWH. 

Referral- March 2012, Letter April 19, Orientation TWH- June 6, NP - July 3, Sleep Apena test July 16, Internist and SW  - July 17, Nutritional class - July 23, Dietician appt. July 30th, Psych-Social appt - Aug 20th. Follow up with doctor sleep apena Aug. 28th  Surgeons appt. - Dec. 14th Dr. Jackson. Surgery date - Feb 12 2013 - VSG   

highlandbear
on 9/9/12 6:11 pm - Canada
 So Happy that you finish the bike ride. It makes oneself feel so proud when you do something that you could not do before. Keep it up. 
avivaps
on 9/9/12 6:31 pm
RNY on 02/28/12
Truly something to be proud of.  Working toward a goal that seemed unattainable pre-op is really the icing on our WLS journey.  Keep up the good work and stand proud!

Andrea.

RNY February 2012

starting BMI 40

sam1am
on 9/9/12 7:11 pm
 Way to go, Pat!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Janet13
on 9/9/12 8:40 pm - Toronto, Canada
Way to go, fantastic job. You should be so proud of yourself.
"I used to be SnowWhite and then I drifted"
"words come easy behind the screen, when there is no interface-to-face to be seen"

Most Active
Recent Topics