TMI Problem - Please Help!

NorthernStar
on 9/9/12 9:20 am, edited 9/9/12 9:29 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12
Sorry it's TMI, but I seem to have developed a horrific case of hemorrhoids. I have had them on and off since surgery. Initially there was some blood, a bit of discomfort but after a day or two it would go and I would be fine.

For the past week, I have been in a lot of pain and it seems to be getting worse.

I am drinking 8 glasses of water a day, adding Benefibre and have been taking a stool softener (low dose) every day. I've also been adding in some fibrous foods, like fruits vegetables and beans and it's now worse pain-wise than it was last week.

I am in a lot of pain right now. Preparation H helps. Please tell me, what else can I do?? I have heard epsom salt baths help, I will have one today.

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

sasygal
on 9/9/12 10:27 am - Canada
 Taking baths with Epsom salt will help. It there is a cream that you can get over the counter that will temporarily freeze the hemmroids
sasygal
on 9/9/12 10:30 am - Canada
 Sorry, darn Ipad froze and  hit send before I had finished.  My sister used a cream that her dr to.d her about for hemorrhoids, it is a topical cream, sold over the center and it numbs the area. It gave her much more relief than PrepH.  Ask your trusted pharmacist if they have such a cream....
NorthernStar
on 9/9/12 11:55 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12
Thanks for the tip. I was at Shoppers earlier, I got some suppositories and some Tucks pads but I may head back and get this other cream. I do have a bit of relief now but I am hoping this goes away very soon.

*Lindsey*

Happysmile
on 9/9/12 2:54 pm

I also have hemorrhoids also.
And found that they have been acting up since surgery.
I have to use a medication that is prescribed.
I have to take a few warm baths with Epsom salt.
I had to increase water intake.
And had to use suppositories for a few days.
Things got allot better.

Happysmile

ShallowGirl
on 9/9/12 4:40 pm - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12
I love TMI threads !

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

Nikkismom
on 9/9/12 6:50 pm - Toronto, Canada
If the pain is quite severe, you may have a thrombosed hemorrhoid. If that is the case there is a little clot in the hemorrhoid (varicosed vein) and it will disintegrate in a few days. Who knew that something so small could give one so much grief! Keep up with the TUCKS!
Carol

Referral April 2012, Surgery August 21, 2012
gardeninggal
on 9/9/12 7:34 pm - Midland, Canada
 I too have had some 'experience' with this issue.  I have used the topical cream 'Anusol' recommended by my Dr. and it is extremely helpful.  The applicator that is included is good too.  Best wishes.

JJ_
on 9/9/12 7:40 pm
I also used Anusol as a topical cream.  I had strained too much.....before I started eating prunes in the evening.  I felt so much better with the cream.

Judy
NorthernStar
on 9/10/12 6:29 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12
Thanks for the replies everyone. I did the epsom salt bath, the suppository and the cream last night and this morning I feel much better. I did the whole routine again this morning and was able to have a BM without any pain. Incredible difference from yesterday when my heart rate went through the roof and I was in tears. These little things hurt SO MUCH!

I am really making sure to get my fibre in and extra water, hopefully this will go away and not come back. I am ready immediately if it does though.

*Lindsey*

Most Active
Recent Topics