Distance across Canada

Patm
on 9/12/12 10:27 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12
It was suggested we try to exercise across Canada. So today I ask the life guard how far it the length of the pool. He told me 44 lengths would be a kilometer or 25 yds a length. I started to laugh because I haven't been able to do that many lengths since my 20's. I did 18 today and was tired! So I guess I need to hang in there for 4 more lengths to do 1/2 a kilometer.
Lot easier biking.

Monica M.
on 9/12/12 11:39 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
i wonder if the swimmers should like, swim across lake ontario instead? the bikers could do the Trans Canada Trail, and the runners could do the "birds flying" distance?

kellybelly333
on 9/12/12 12:01 pm - Toronto, Canada
I will always be biking, but I'm hoping to try running again, so i'll be doing both. :-)

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Patm
on 9/12/12 11:42 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12
Sounds good. Or perhaps a team approach. I like to bike and swim but with winter coming it will probably be swimming and treadmill more.

Monica M.
on 9/12/12 12:05 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
yes.. like a collaborative approach? i was thinking it was us racing against each other.. but its more like we're all adding our distances together!!!

(deactivated member)
on 9/12/12 12:36 pm, edited 9/12/12 5:36 am
How about the whole group total to go across, go by each province individually.
I like the individual challenge along with the group. We are a great forum and can share :-)

I'll walk/run/bike for variety
Patm
on 9/12/12 12:48 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12
I like the province idea. Give me Newfoundland without Labrador or any small province

Patm
on 9/12/12 12:47 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12
It was originally heavy hearted that started this idea. I hope she chimes in. I like everyones suggestions so hopefully we will hear from her soon.

msheavyhearted
on 9/15/12 7:49 am - Marathon, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/02/12
I'm chiming in... LOL

Just been a busy week and find myself, once again, catching up on old posts. I've been thinking about the best way to handle the logistics and I believe I have a plan. I'll be posting an update today (as soon as I get through five more pages of old posts.)

I'm thrilled that so many people are interested in this challenge!!

Thea
Want to join the CRAZY TransCanada Challenge?? Just message me. Here's a link to the rules: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/on/4570778/REPOST-The-CRAZY-TransCanada-Challenge-Rules/

(deactivated member)
on 9/12/12 1:55 pm - Straford, Canada
 I'll do PEI!  LOL  And can I just do the shooting part?  You guys flush the fast food owners out and I'll...  lmao!  
Most Active
Recent Topics