sitting here crying

Niki L.
on 10/2/12 3:24 am - Canada
RNY on 10/15/12
I most say so hard to be doing this when some of your family is so against you doing this on optifast and 1st thing i want to do is eat but i am doing this for me and i am going to win this war with food (not hubby and kids )

lookinginto
on 10/2/12 3:31 am
Perhaps you can give them some literature to read on weight loss and weight loss surgery. This might open them up a little more to the idea. 
dna
on 10/2/12 3:34 am - Canada
My Mom had a hard time with it.  saying this was very drastic etc.  I sent her the pdf for the Weight Loss for Dummies book and told her to read it.

Basically she had to understand that I was going to be ok.  Sometimes it's just worry.  Sometimes it's ignorance.

You can do this for YOU. 

:)
Referral:  August 2011  Information session:  November 2011
Nut/Psych/SW: Spring 2012  Surgeon Meet:  July 6, 2012  Surgery: August 30, 2012

(deactivated member)
on 10/2/12 3:41 am - Guelph, Canada
 hold firm you can do this

why are they against it? some fear that YOU will change..things wont be the same, and to a point they are right things will never be the same but not in a bad way.. things will change for the better. 

my hubby was worried that i would leave.. he had a rough childhood.. he was the geek the nerd and was bullied really bad.. he felt i would find someone better and leave.. when we addressed those fears things have been better.. MUCH better.. (wink wink) 

kids thought i would not allow cakes candies and other crap in the house... At first they were right but to be honest i dont have a craving for those things so they got the chips and joe louis back.. (thats a BIG treat for them )

sometimes fears will make people do wacko things
Susan_T
on 10/2/12 3:45 am - Ottawa, Canada
I feel for you. I hope things get easier...and I hope you're able to be extra kind to yourself during the opti (bubble bath? a nap? a warm blanket and a good book?)... soon you'll be on the other side and beginning your new life..

Sending warm wishes and positive energy...
NorthernStar
on 10/2/12 3:50 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12
You can do this!

You know what though, Optifast is HARD. It has been the hardest part of my journey. Why if your family so against you doing it? Do they understand it helps to prep you for surgery?

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

akr9911
on 10/2/12 3:57 am
VSG on 06/20/13
Sending support and good vibes your way. I'm sorry you're running into naysayers. :( 
Monica M.
on 10/2/12 4:03 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
Not only do you have to deal with their negativity, but don't forget, your hormones are all askew, as well, Rapid fat loss lets estrogen out into your blood stream, so you're dealing with that as well.

Hugs, friend. You will do this. Try to talk to them about why they're so against it, and provide information to soothe their worries (if that's what this is about).

Stay strong. You need to think of you.

Monica

Patm
on 10/2/12 4:29 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12
Opti is definetely hard. I am sorry you have to live with such negative energy. We are all behind you.

crstalww
on 10/2/12 4:43 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 11/06/12
Nikki No need to cry. We are all here for a reason. I know Hubby and the kids may not understand what you are going through and it will be rough but you can do this and we can do it together since we are not far apart in our dates. Others on here are also here to support you. Im your cheer leader. I might not fit in the out fit but I can shake those pom poms like no one else can. Im here if you need to talk.

Orientation: July 23 2012       Dr Sullivan : August 16, 2012 Dietician, SW, RN, Sept 26, 2012    Dr Sullivan Oct 17, 2012 and pick up Optifast   PATTS: October 24, 2012         Surgery: November 6, 2012. Starting weight 277 surgery weight 268

Most Active
Recent Topics