Monday Blues

Patm
on 10/15/12 6:41 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12
I really need to get my act together. I had hoped this surgery would be a miracle and I would be 20 again. (I am 61). Well we all know that wasn't going to happen. On the plus side I have lost just over 100lbs. I am off my diabetic meds and some of my blood pressure meds. I have much more energy and exercise more. My arthritis and Fibromyalgia are more controlled.
Down size. The fibroids I have had for many years were suppose to shrink after menopause. Unfortunately they didn't listen and are continuing to grow to 12.5 x 12.5 and I now have a new one on my ovary. Have to wait until January for a referral. I am afraid to go swimming because it causes numbness. So I am now being referred to a new neurologist. If I exercise I get dizziness sometimes to the point I feel I am blacking out. They do not know why. Going to do yet another halter monitor. All this has come up in the last 6 weeks.
So I am feeling sorry for myself and drinking too much wine and eating things I shouldn't. Not eating much but I know better. I was already in a stall and this of course has not helped. I just wanted to vent. I usually hold these things in then blurt them out all at once. So this is my way of giving myself a shake and telling myslf to just deal with it. So Wednesday back to swimming unless I come up with a really good excuse LOL

SleeplessinAbitibi
on 10/15/12 7:23 am - Canada
VSG on 10/23/12
 I hate the Monday blues...!!!!  This season doesn't help much either with all the rain and gasp...yes...snow if you live near me!!

You have done so well...100 pounds!!!!! I hear you re the fibroid thing!!  I'm faced with the same issue...hoping that the wls will make the next operartion easier..!!  Sucks!!!!

Anyway...its ok every now and then to be down and to roll with it!!   When I get like that I spend the day on the computer...play games, waste time...no exercise, not the best food choices but by the next day usually I bounce back and  make up for the wasted time.  Sometime you just need the down day and the down time! Hang in there :)

Nathalie
pmurray
on 10/15/12 11:00 am - Canada
Snow , I do not even want to think about it.
Thanks for the comments. I guess I ave to remember the good stuff more often
Moselle
on 10/15/12 8:39 am - Athens, Canada
Well it sounds like you are taking responsibility for your own actions which is half the battle. I agree that it's ok once in awhile to be down as long as we remain accountable for our choices.

You've come to the right place to vent. Now pick yourself up and dust yourself off and get back at it. You've had a successful journey to date and we are all cheering for you from the bench.

I hope that they are able to resolve your fibroids issue very soon after your referral.

All the best.  Muriel
pmurray
on 10/15/12 11:02 am - Canada
Yes I am very aware of how dumb I have been. So tomorrow is a new day and I will do better
(deactivated member)
on 10/15/12 10:23 am, edited 10/15/12 10:24 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12
Pat you mean I am  not going to be 20 again. I would settled for 20 years younger (I am 57)

You have done an amazing job losing all that weight. I too am hoping to lose the diabetes meds and reduce the high blood pressure and I hope to lose the CPAP machine. I hope my arthritis improves so I can walk without a cane.  I don't have a problem with fibroids but only because I had a hysterectomy at age 39.

I am so sorry that you are having some new health issues immerging but try to think that they may have happened anyway and whatever it is will likely be able to be controlled.

I will keep good thought for you while they investigate these symptoms and please don't sabotage all of your good work while your work through these issues. Many  Hugs for you. 

pmurray
on 10/15/12 10:58 am - Canada
Debra you will improve. I am on a lower pressure on my cpap and go  back in January for a new sleep test. Possibly to go off it. I was pretty severe so we'll  see.
slrm2m2
on 10/15/12 11:07 am - Canada
 Pat, I feel your pain.  I've been in a slump with my mood for a couple of weeks now.  Getting to goal has actually made it worse...like this is IT?  Not that I'm not grateful, but wls isn't a magic bullet.  All the mundane crap that drives one crazy will still drive one crazy...only now you can't even eat about it in the same way, lol.  Watch the wine...it would be an easy transfer addiction.  Get yourself back to the pool...a good, long swim will clear your head.
Hope to see you at the hospital group on Wednesday!
Sandy  Surgery Jan.18,2012 with Dr. Timothy Jackson at TWH.

pmurray
on 10/15/12 11:14 am - Canada
I think I'll do aquafit tomorrow to ease back in. I definetely need to watch the wine.
Most Active
Recent Topics