What are you eating today

Patm
on 10/22/12 11:36 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12
I do seem to see this thread for today. If it is up just ignore this.

b. greek yogurt sf jam
s. laughing cow and kashi crackers
l. baked beans home made
s. coffee protein shake
d. I think steak or stew. My husband is cooking so not sure
s. apple

Have a goos day everyone. Raining and dark here but at least I have work to distract me.

mermaidz
on 10/22/12 11:44 pm - Brampton, Canada
Good Morning Ms Patm

I'd love your recipe for the baked beans if you have time?

Thank you kindly and have a good one

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

Patm
on 10/22/12 11:46 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12
I will try to remember when I get home tonight. Getting forgetful lately

dna
on 10/23/12 12:00 am - Canada
I was just going to say I would really like the recipe too for the baked beans :)  Comfort food !
Referral:  August 2011  Information session:  November 2011
Nut/Psych/SW: Spring 2012  Surgeon Meet:  July 6, 2012  Surgery: August 30, 2012

Patm
on 10/23/12 8:56 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Recipe Ingredients for Low Calorie Baked Beans

3 cups navy beans
4 medium turkey bacon bacon
2 tbsp dry onion
2/3 cup water
2 tsp dijon mustard
1/4 cup ketchup
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp molasses
2 tbsp brown sugar splenda

Recipe Directions for Low Calorie Baked Beans

1. If you are using dried beans, prepare them first. Soak the beans in water overnight or quick soak them by covering them with water and bringing them to a boil for a full minute. Then remove them from the heat, put a lid on the pot and let them soak for an hour. This is called parboiling or quick soaking.

2. After soaking your beans (overnight or using the quick method) boil them for about 2 or 3 hours, or until they are perfectly tender. Do not salt the beans while they are boiling because this makes them take longer to soften. If cooking the beans is too much work for you then use canned beans instead. It takes two 15-ounce cans of beans to make 3-cups. Be sure to drain and rinse them to remove up to 40% of the sodium.

3. Cut the bacon into small bits. Fry it in a hot skillet that has been coated with nonstick spray. Continue cooking until the bacon pieces are browned and somewhat crispy. Set them aside.

4. Drain the beans if necessary. If you are using canned beans, then rinse them thoroughly to remove the flavor of the can and to reduce the sodium content. Place the beans in a 1-quart sized casserole. Sprinkle in the dry onion and add the prepared turkey bacon bits. Use your hands or a spoon to toss the mixture together so everything is evenly distributed.

5. In a small bowl combine the remaining ingredients. Mix them well and pour this liquid over the beans. They should barely cover the beans. Add a tiny bit more liquid if necessary (probably not).

6. Bake the beans, uncovered, at 325° for about 1-1/2 hours. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.

This has 19 grams of protein per 115 g serving. I changed the bacon and sugar so the rest of the info they give is off

mermaidz
on 10/23/12 10:05 am - Brampton, Canada

Awesome Ms Patm. Thank you so much

I love seeing the protein count on foods like this.

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

Aca-Verity
on 10/22/12 11:55 pm - Canada
VSG on 06/06/12
GR8 minds....think alike?!!  LOL

I cldn't figr out why no one was posting 'til I remembered about the 5-day thingy LOL

kellybelly333
on 10/23/12 12:12 am - Toronto, Canada
Morning. Off to spinning with a coworker who I inspired to try. Yay! Was going to take today off, but trying to get some more kms in for Team C and now another reason to go. No lazy day for me!

They are out of goat yogurt at the grocery store....boooo.

B: Protein coffee.
S: Laughing cow cheese + 2 slices Ryvita Black Pepper, spicy yum!
L: baked feta chicken and salad (last night's leftovers)
S: rest of protein shake
D: unsure. bf is making something yummy. He mentioned ww pasta and meat, so i'll do a bit of the pasta and a bunch of meat.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Julia P.
on 10/23/12 1:07 am - Canada
RNY on 10/16/12
RNY, 1 Week Post Op

Good Morning, everyone!  It's a dreary and rainy day here today, but for the first time in my life I didn't let that be an excuse for going out for my morning walk.  I'm getting stronger and able to walk faster/longer than I was even a few days ago, which is really motivating!

B - 1/3 cup protein shake,  1/4 cup cream of wheat with SF Caramel Syrup, Skim Milk and a teaspoon of unflavoured protein powder.  Multivitamin. 
S - 1/3 cup protein shake, Calcium.
L - 1/4 cup cream soup with a tsp. of  protein powder, 1/4 cup applesauce with some protein powder, 1/3 cup protein shake, Calcium.
S - 1/3 cup protein shake, Iron.
D - 1/4 cup V8 Juice, 1/4 cup cottage cheese with some cinnamon, spenda and 1 tsp of protein powder, 1/4 cup greek yogurt with sugar free syrup to flavour, 1/3 cup protein shake, Calcium. 
S - 1/3 cup protein shake, B12, Prevacid (yucky tasting!)
Bedtime - Multivitamin

Have a great day!

Referral - December 2011 * Orientation TWH - March 13th, 2012 * Nurse Practitioner - April 17th, 2012 * Nutrition Class - April 17th, 2012 * Social Worker - April 24th, 2012 * Dietician - May 1st, 2012 * Psych - May 1st, 2012 * Surgeon - August 17th, 2012 * PATTS - Sept. 12th, 2012 * SURGERY TEGH, Dr. Cyriac - October 16th, 2012

Starting Weight - 320 lbs   *   Current Weight - 178 lbs  *  Goal Weight - 165 lbs 

Patm
on 10/23/12 1:24 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12
Glad to hear you are doing so well. Feels great to get moving doesn't it!

Most Active
Recent Topics