subpoenas

RYMEBE73
on 10/25/12 4:12 am - Guelph, Canada
RNY on 06/30/15
yep, the older two and I just got served!  as witnesses in my exes court case...REALLY?? the funny part, it wasn't from the defense, it was from the crown!  So, looks to me like they are building a strong case against him, eh?  I am okay with myself being called, but my kids? why? just hoping I can get it arranged that they can just go in to see the judge...cross fingers please!

on another more exciting note - less than 2 hours till orientation!!

Moving on doesn't mean you forget about things.  It just means you have to accept what happened and continue LIVING  

(deactivated member)
on 10/25/12 4:18 am - Guelph, Canada
 I dont know how old your children are BUT make sure they have a children's advocate present (if they are eligable) while they are meeting with lawyers and judges... also inquire if they can speak to the judge in closed chambers or via video so they dont have to say things against their father right in front of him that can be a horrible experience for a child... been there done that 

((hugs and good luck))
RYMEBE73
on 10/25/12 5:16 am - Guelph, Canada
RNY on 06/30/15
10 & 8. Am contacting child protection, so hopefully can get this worked out soon. Thank u!

Moving on doesn't mean you forget about things.  It just means you have to accept what happened and continue LIVING  

(deactivated member)
on 10/25/12 9:04 am - Guelph, Canada

Also try contacting the VWAP (victim witness assistance program) you can find them at the court house where your case is scheduled to be heard...

It's them that can make things happen for the kids so this is not traumatic for them... This service is not just for victims.... Is for ALL witnesses going through the court system...if you need help finding and office please feel free to pm me. 

RYMEBE73
on 10/25/12 9:07 am - Guelph, Canada
RNY on 06/30/15
Thanks Dee already done, am feeling a bit more at ease after talking with them. Orientation was great! Have not changed my mind at all!

(deactivated member)
on 10/25/12 11:21 am
Happy to hear your orientation went well for you too!  We had a large crowd last week in Guelph too.  Did you get your 3 hour appointment yet?  I get to go this Monday, Oct. 29 already!  I lucked out and called very early!   But...sorry to hear about the court/ex-husband crap you are going through....you certainly don't need extra stress with all this stuff going on in your life.     All the best     Marina Kitchener, ON
RYMEBE73
on 10/25/12 12:36 pm - Guelph, Canada
RNY on 06/30/15
They weren't booking any since the receptionist/secretary already left. Hoping to call first thing tomorrow morning? As long as its all done before the surgery it'll be okay. Just hate the fact that my kids have to go through this. Wondering what this is going to do to their emotions, how are they going to cope or really understand what they are going through? How am I going to deal with this, to make sure they aren't affected for the rest of their lives, they're kids, they need to have fun and love life, right?

(deactivated member)
on 10/25/12 5:13 am, edited 10/25/12 9:25 am - Straford, Canada

have fun at orientation!  

RYMEBE73
on 10/25/12 9:47 am - Guelph, Canada
RNY on 06/30/15
Thanks Ian! It was great. There was at least 50 people there but that included a support person too.

Most Active
Recent Topics