More closet purging

NervousNelly57
on 11/4/12 10:31 pm - Guelph, Canada

Hi Folks,

I've been cleaning out my closet again and found some clothes I missed the last couple of times.

Anyone in the Guelph area in need of a few things?  I have some clothes ranging from size 24-28 and 2x -5x.

Let me know what size you're looking for and I'll let you know what I've got.  I can even deliver if you're not too far away!

Sharon

truckingbride
on 11/4/12 11:01 pm - Harriston , Canada

I'm actually in need of some jeans/pants 2 and 3 x if u have anything I have a follow up at the clinic tomorrow at 0830 am. im wearing 24 jeans right now and they are toooooooo big... private message me if you want or a meeting place or I could come to your house.Im willing to pay.. thanks Amanda

NervousNelly57
on 11/5/12 12:40 am - Guelph, Canada

Sorry Amanda, but I don't have any jeans at all.  I think the only pair of pants I have would be too big for you, 26 I think.  I do have some blouses and jackets, though.

Sharon

Jenna V.
on 11/5/12 12:10 am - Guelph, Canada
VSG on 02/15/12

You are such a kind woman, Sharon! I immensely appreciated the clothes you have given me! I am finally packing up all of my bigger clothes to give away (including the clothes you gave me). I hope someone on this journey gets as much use out of them as I did 

Hope you're well!

NervousNelly57
on 11/5/12 12:46 am - Guelph, Canada

I'm so glad you were able to use the clothes Jenna!  And it's a great feeling to be able to pass them on to someone who can use them, isn't it?

I seem to be hovering at 20-22 (pants) and XL tops for now, so I can't quite get into the size 18s my daughter has offered me, but I refuse to buy anything until I lose a bit more.  It means doing laundry 3 times/week so I can wear the same 2 pairs of dress pants over and over at work.  Oh, well... The scale appears to have frozen hovering around the 220 mark for weeks now. It'll pick up again, but in the meantime it's frustrating...

Hope you are doing well!

s

niceeyes72
on 11/5/12 1:30 am - Cornwall, Canada
RNY on 03/23/12

IT's frustrating when the scale freezes isn't it? mine has been stuck for a little over a week and I have really noticed that when it does move it isn't a huge change anymore... Guess that means 1 of 2 things.... I need to move more...or eat less!!! lol

But i will not give up...I have more to lose.... I am aiming for another 35lbs..... I want to go lower than the clinic's goal......

Our SCALES WILL MOVE!!!!!!surprise lol

Tam
Highest Weight: 365lbs
Clinic Weight: 325lbs
Clinic goal:190 lbs
Current Weight: 176.4lbs
My goal:165lbs
Surgery: Dr. Yelle Ottawa on March 23, 2012

Jenna V.
on 11/5/12 1:36 am - Guelph, Canada
VSG on 02/15/12

Sorry to hear you guys are frustrated with the scale. Sometimes, instead of focusing on numbers, we have to focus on how far we have came and have faith in this surgery. What can you do now that you couldn't before? How has your life changed? It works and it will come off!!!!

Sharon, I refuse to buy new clothes as well but Giant Tiger has some pretty inexpensive clothing. I am totally into yoga pants right now (that are 10 dollars, ps). LOL.

stephanie2011
on 11/5/12 1:42 am - toronto, Canada

I love to buy the clothes but I hate to pay for clothes when I know they won't fit for long.  I set a $10 max per piece and it is a bit of a game for me - if I can't find something for $10 or under, I don't buy it.  I did buy 2 pairs of the yoga pants at the GT boutique and they are so comfy.  Definitely worth buying for the length of time we will need them. 

Referral: Aug 3, 2010       Info Session: Dec 12, 2011   
Nurse Appt: Jan 30, 2012    Diet/Nut Appt: Feb 8, 2012
Surgery Class: Jan 24, 2012
Meet Surgeon: Feb 8,2012    Start Optifast: April 24, 2012
Surgery Date: May 8, 2012

NervousNelly57
on 11/5/12 3:49 am - Guelph, Canada

Thanks for the Giant Tiger suggestion.  I've never been there, but their flyer looks like they have lots of good deals.

I'm not too worried about the scale thing.  I'm very aware of all the ways my life has improved in the past year, and if I never lost another pound, I would still consider the surgery a great success!

The only problem I'm really  having right now is limited wardrobe options for the season.  I had plenty of clothes for the summer: dresses, short-sleeved shirts, capri pants that are all too cold to wear now. I could still wear a couple of the dresses with pantihose, I suppose, but I don't really have appropriate shoes at the moment. (Even my feet have lost weight, but not enough to fit my daughter's shoes...oh, well...)

My daughter sent away for three pairs of plus-sized tights (one pair is black fishnet!)  for me, so I'll be able to dig out a couple of the warmer dresses and skirts and maybe wear them with my doc marten boots... uh, maybe not...depends on my confidence level on a particular day, I think.

Anyway, not complaining, just nattering.

Sharon

ShallowGirl
on 11/5/12 11:35 am - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12

I go to Chez Value Village too in this in-between period, it's been a God send.  

I got snow pants and sweaters for the fall, and a new pair of winter boots.  And jewelry.  I've become addicted to VV jewelry.  It's a bit of a problem.  But at one size I only had 2 pair of pants.  I did washing a LOT but now they are too big for me, so I'm glad I waited.

I got pajama bottoms in a fleece material at Dollarama for $3 and I'm using them under the snow pants.  I lose my mittens so much that I buy all my hats & mittens there too.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

Most Active
Recent Topics