Wow! 55lbs, kidney stones and a new shoe size

Mamazoune
on 11/7/12 8:32 pm - Canada
Revision on 08/01/12

Yep! 55lbs in 3 months and what a crazy few weeks it has been!  A few weeks ago I thought I had a bladder infection but nope!  Kidney stones....4 big ones....OUCH!  I was told to not take my vitamines during the time I was on antibiotics to get the full effect of the medicine so here I am....dealing with hair loss and a very concerned doctor giving me crap cause my lab work came back with very concerning results....so I'm happily taking my vitamines again but sad to hear from the nutritionist that because of my wonderful ability to form rocks I have to avoid food high in oxilates....strawberries, seeds and nuts, soy, chocolate :( But I am feeling darn good now that the stones are gone and looking forward to getting new clothes 3 sizes down....what a ride! 

Mamazoune                
Beth1970
on 11/7/12 8:39 pm - Canada
RNY on 10/11/12

Ouch! I'm glad the stones are gone. I hear that they are very painful.  Congrats on the 55 lbs! That's awesome!

zombiesugar
on 11/7/12 9:02 pm

Hey there! Sorry to hear about the stones.

My boyfriend has been dealing with an intolerance with oxalates and passes kidney stones once every other month or so.

We found that this site is good: http://lowoxalate.info/

You can also look up the Low Oxalate Cookbook - I think you can only order it online though.

Good luck!!

(deactivated member)
on 11/7/12 9:04 pm - Straford, Canada

Congrats on your weight loss!  Kidney stones are painful and if I couldn't eat soy or seeds/nuts I would not be happy!  My Dad had several bouts of kidney stones, never heard him cry out in pain like his kidney stones caused!  Heal well! 

happypants
on 11/7/12 9:23 pm - Ottawa, Canada

Oh my gawd what an awful time you had. Well at least  you can say that all of this is behind you now. I hope you are feeling better :-)

Ann

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Surgery July 22, 2011  Starting weight 270  128 lbs lost  Today's weight 142 lbs                 Ann       

Patm
on 11/7/12 9:47 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Wow kidney stones sound sooo painful. Hope you are feeling better. Go out and get yourself something new to wear. You deserve a treat

dna
on 11/7/12 9:50 pm - Canada

Glad to hear you are on the up and up !  3 sizes down and 55 pounds :)  Amazing !!!

Referral:  August 2011  Information session:  November 2011
Nut/Psych/SW: Spring 2012  Surgeon Meet:  July 6, 2012  Surgery: August 30, 2012

Unpleasantlyplump
on 11/7/12 10:11 pm

Kidney Stones are the worst!!!  I had them during a vacation and holy ouch!!!!!  The Dr. at the hospital asked me what my pain was like and I replied that I would rather be giving birth to triplets in a field tearing than go through this.  He than smiled and said I think you have stones!! LOL

I can't imagine the pain you went through with 4!! 

Congrats on the 55lbs loss!!!!

Angela D.
on 11/7/12 10:49 pm

Kidney stones are terrible. I started getting them about three months out and continued getting them, until I stopped taking calcium.  Now I haven't had them almost a year. My doctor says I was eating too much calcium and then getting more with the vitamins.

Something to think about if they continue

Mamazoune
on 11/7/12 11:11 pm - Canada
Revision on 08/01/12
Thanks for the replies! I have struggleed with kidney stones for many years and have had to have 2 surgeries to get them blasted. I didn't have contraction like back pain this time and couldn't believe the "deposit" I made at the McDonald's pit stop while on my trip to Toronto to see the NUT. I always said that the kidney pain is the closest men will ever come to experiencing labour....and after having three kids naturally I think its worse! Sounds like stones are common after this surgery....wish I knew about low oxalate food before...
Mamazoune                
Most Active
Recent Topics