Angel?

crstalww
on 11/16/12 9:11 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 11/06/12
What is the support of an angel? Or should I say what is an angel for Wls

Orientation: July 23 2012       Dr Sullivan : August 16, 2012 Dietician, SW, RN, Sept 26, 2012    Dr Sullivan Oct 17, 2012 and pick up Optifast   PATTS: October 24, 2012         Surgery: November 6, 2012. Starting weight 277 surgery weight 268

Onward and
Downward

on 11/16/12 10:46 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

My understanding is that an "angel" is someone from this forum who is paired up with someone else who is pre-op and going for surgery.  They trade contact info, and the angel is someone who can offer some moral support to the person before their surgery day.  I think usually the angel is someone who is post-op and has been through it all.

Then, when the pre-op goes in for surgery, they give their angel's contact info to a family member of theirs so that the family member can update the angel on how he or she is doing, and then the angel can let us here at OH know.

I didn't have an angel, because I figured I'd have my phone and I could just post here from the hospital after surgery.  And I have friends offline who have gone through it, so I had lots of support both on OH and offline.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

crstalww
on 11/16/12 11:01 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 11/06/12
On November 16, 2012 at 6:46 PM Pacific Time, Onward and Downward wrote:

My understanding is that an "angel" is someone from this forum who is paired up with someone else who is pre-op and going for surgery.  They trade contact info, and the angel is someone who can offer some moral support to the person before their surgery day.  I think usually the angel is someone who is post-op and has been through it all.

Then, when the pre-op goes in for surgery, they give their angel's contact info to a family member of theirs so that the family member can update the angel on how he or she is doing, and then the angel can let us here at OH know.

I didn't have an angel, because I figured I'd have my phone and I could just post here from the hospital after surgery.  And I have friends offline who have gone through it, so I had lots of support both on OH and offline.

Thank you .

Orientation: July 23 2012       Dr Sullivan : August 16, 2012 Dietician, SW, RN, Sept 26, 2012    Dr Sullivan Oct 17, 2012 and pick up Optifast   PATTS: October 24, 2012         Surgery: November 6, 2012. Starting weight 277 surgery weight 268

Most Active
Recent Topics