Do i try to eat more ?

gimpymom
on 11/25/12 2:28 am

I am 14 weeks post op and I eat about 5-6 ounces at supper time- 4 ounces of protein and 1-2 ounce of veggies so don';t worry you are doing fine- when your full you are full!!

referral  Nov 23, 2011 orientation Dec 16   PATT Aug 9 OR DATE Aug. 20, 2012 ACHIEVED CLINIC GOAL Feb. 2013

Niki L.
on 11/25/12 4:35 am - Canada
RNY on 10/15/12
Well i was told to eat beef also been with hubby for over 20 years and was very small for the 1st 10 years so he loves me just the way i am.Been though so much that i dont think me losing weight can change how we feel he has been so sweet and kind just cares for me so much and wants me to be healthy and has gone to every appt with me . I just wanted to see what others were eating and how much it is hard for anyone to see some one eat so little and be healthy.

onmom
on 11/25/12 7:37 am

Over time the amount you eat increases. After a few years many find they eat the amount an average normal person should eat. Not could eat but should eat.

(deactivated member)
on 11/25/12 8:35 am - Straford, Canada

Guelph isn't the only center that prefers we get out protein count from "real" food rather than relying on protein powders or drinks. TWH does as well though they promote it pre surgery they ask you to scale back on them during NUT meetings (or at least they did with me).  The suggestion you make an appointment with the NUT with hubbie in tow sounds like a good one to me.  None of us know your life situation nor what your relationship is like nor what hubbie's concerns really are, so Niki that's for you two to work out.  

Patm
on 11/25/12 10:48 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Tell hubby you will eat more when you are ready. Good suggestion to take him to the next nut. appt. Do not over eat just to please someone else. You know what you can eat

ShallowGirl
on 11/26/12 1:10 am - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12

Ignore the hubby.  It is shocking to significant others (and ourselves) to see how much our consumption has changed, but if you feel ok just go with it as these are the golden months of weight loss.  It will slow down.  Try to tell him he has to back off and chill out.  This is the honeymoon and it will change.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

Onward and
Downward

on 11/26/12 3:49 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

I'm having a hard time getting over how little I'm eating, so I'm sure it must be super startling for others, especially those close to us  who are used to seeing us eat a lot, to see how little we can eat after surgery.  And it can also be startling to see us drop weight so quickly and suddenly.  I think people who aren't familiar with WLS have no idea how fast it goes.  Couple that with all the conventional advice about the healthiest way to lose weight being to lose it slowly, and people really get worried.  I prepared my husband for the rapid weight loss and tiny amounts I'd be eating by taking him to all my pre-op appointments, and reading and/or telling him about lots of posts from people here on OH. 

Maybe get him to read this thread if you feel comfortable doing that, so he can see that we all go through this stage of eating extremely tiny amounts at first.  Or you could e-mail a nutritionist and show him the response.

If you're feeling good and getting your fluids and protein in, then you're fine.  I like the others' idea about taking him to your next nutritionist visit as well so he can ask questions and have his concerns and fears soothed.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Most Active
Recent Topics