Do i try to eat more ?

Niki L.
on 11/24/12 9:46 pm - Canada
RNY on 10/15/12
So i am six weeks out on Mon and hubby wants me to eat more. He thinks i eat too little as the book shows me eating way more than i am . I am getting in all my water and doing my shakes . Last nights dinner was 2 tbsp of beef 1tbsp of veg and 1 tbsp of potatoes with some low-fat gravy so this takes me a good hour to eat we ate at 3:30pm to 4:30pm so than at 7:00pm Ryan made me some more food.Now i feel full all the time so i never want to eat but do make my self not even 3 bites and i was so sick as just to soon after dinner for me to eat again. i just wish he would get that i am not the book i know he means well . He just gets so upset at how little i eat and thinks i am losing the weight way to fast as i am down 45lbs all together .Do you guys think by now i should be eating more ? Ty Niki

jewel-twin
on 11/24/12 9:57 pm - Canada
No if your full, your full. I would perhaps email your nutritionist... And tell her what's up... Then I would make an appt and take him along so the nutritionist can assure him your fine and doing what you should be!

Family Dr. 06/05/2012    Referral Received 06/28/2012 Orientation 08/01/2012   NP 08/27/2012
SW 08/28/2012              Nut Class 08/27/2012
NUT 10/01/2012              PS 10/01/2012
Surgeon Dr. Cyriac 12/07/2012  **SURGERY  JAN 30, 2013**

fooh.png

P_Floyd
on 11/24/12 10:05 pm - Canada

What jewel-twin is right on the money. Listen to your pouch and bring him along to meet the nutritionist for some reassurance. 

Long you live and high you fly 
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry 
And all you touch and all you see 
Is all your life will ever be.

DSOTM

onmom
on 11/24/12 10:28 pm

If you are drinking an hour after eating and getting all your water in during the day and at least your minimum amount of protein you are fine. Check out your calorie count and see what your totals are.  Remember that the shakes are quite concentrated food. Most programs want you to eat real food rather then shakes over time. It takes a lot more food to get the same protein as in the shakes.

My program does want us to eat frequent smaller meals and snacks as it keeps the body from sliding into starvation mode and storing all possible calories as fat.

Be patient he has only 6 weeks of seeing you eat this way. It is probable still a scary change for them. Many men hate all changes and often do not understand that we are not all going to follow the book. Men seem to see think more black or white then we do.

Remember that the divorce rate after surgery is much higher. We get hormonal with all the estrogen released plus our focus needs to shift to us making healthy changes like exercise sometimes leaving less time or attention to others. Or behaviors we felt acceptable as fat people become less tolerated as we become healthier. We value our new selves more. Or others seem threatened by our new bodies or outlook. So if you value this relationship plan on working hard on it to.

If you count the opti weight loss I lost about that. I was 252 before opti and 230 at surgery I had a stall for three weeks then lost a ton. I am at 163 six months out. Not bad since my highest was 287.

lookinginto
on 11/24/12 11:44 pm

Hmmm.....I was told not to eat red meat for 6 months by Guelph. 

tbtilalaf
on 11/25/12 12:38 am

Your right, 6 weeks with ground beef is a little early, it takes longer to digest and is also harder to digest.  I am just over 4 months but have no problem with ground beef as long as it is ground, something like roast......ouch!  It is uncomfortable. GB will also keep you full longer...

Melissa!

Melissa!

Surgery was July 19 2012, and I am doing great!! Only one regret....wish I did this years ago!!!!

PROUD MEMBER OF THE CENTURY CLUB!

(deactivated member)
on 11/25/12 7:50 am - Guelph, Canada

Guelph is the only one that has this rule....other centers allow beef much sooner... I was 3 months out eating 50/50 ground chicken/beef meat loaves ..when the nut noticed it she was ok with it as long as it sat fine she said hey go for it 

ShallowGirl
on 11/26/12 1:12 am - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12

HRRH doesn't say this, but I have found red meat very hard to digest.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

tbtilalaf
on 11/25/12 12:53 am, edited 11/25/12 12:54 am
tbtilalaf
on 11/25/12 12:56 am, edited 11/25/12 12:56 am

I couldn't agree more!! I can feel my hormones going CRAZY! Especially when my kids fight! I am in the "not putting up with crap!" mood....this is probably why the divorce rate is high not to mention we feel better about ourselves and if we feel they are not treating us with the respect we deserve....it's goodbye! Before being obese, we just put up with it as we think we can do no better....but that is not the case.... And with the food....right too, get the protein in and water/fluid and you are doing great! I have a hard time getting in protein without the shake, but with it I get enough. Guelph doesn't like protein shakes they would rather you get the protein though food, if not then up to six month post op is ok for the protein shake, at least that is what they told me. One other thing, exercise, need to do it or your body will burn muscle before fat which is not what we want that is for sure!

Melissa!

(had to delete this message once as it didn't reply to your answer....sometimes this site messes up....)

AHH is still did it....grrrrr....oh well...

Melissa!

Surgery was July 19 2012, and I am doing great!! Only one regret....wish I did this years ago!!!!

PROUD MEMBER OF THE CENTURY CLUB!

Most Active
Recent Topics