Burping

zombiesugar
on 11/29/12 12:14 am

I've searched and read a lot of posts on burping but couldn't find anything that applied to what I'm going through.

I burp all day long. When my stomach is empty, when I'm eating, when I'm drinking, when I'm sleeping, when I'm sitting, when I'm laying down. When I keep my mouth closed to sleep - I feel the air bubbling up. 

Anyone else had this?

If it was only when I was drinking or eating I could understand but....

Karen M.
on 11/29/12 12:46 am - Mississauga, Canada

I've heard of this happening to quite a few people, actually. It usually subsides and gets better over time. Some possible causes that I've heard of are that it could be your vagus nerve being stimulated, it could be that you're swallowing a lot of air, it could be that since you're eating so little and mostly drinking that the juices in your stomach are "swirling about", and I've even heard of people going to the doctor about it and the doctor investigating for gallbladder problems.  I hope it eases up.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

sam1am
on 11/29/12 1:28 am

I think you should get yourself checked out as you might need a PPI if you are not already on one.  Acid can cause this and you'll need to keep an eye on it.  Have you been taking anything for it, like tums or gas x?

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Kerry F.
on 11/29/12 1:38 am - Bolton, Canada

I have the exact same thing!!!  I burp constantly.  Doesn't matter what I eat or drink & it doesn't subside if I eat slower.  I am 18-months post.  I asked the NUT about it at my check up last week; she suggested I keep a food log just to see if there is any connection at all to what I'm eating and although I'm doubtful, I will give it a try.  It's not painful, just becoming annoying - except to my 2 boys, who go into spasms of giggles at the first sign of it.   I don't see my surgeon again until the 2-year mark but she also suggested I go see him if it's problematic.

Kerry

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. - Ralph Waldo Emerson   

zombiesugar
on 11/29/12 1:46 am

Thanks for the replies!

I'm on Prevacid right now - but it doesn't affect the burping.

I have my 3 month check-up in Dec and I guess I'll bring it up to them and see.

Same thing here - not painful, just really really annoying!

I hope it eases up too!

4-Jane
on 11/29/12 5:08 am - Canada

Excuse me for my ignorance it was not very smart but had it been the other end it would have been a .............

i know ..... But I really could not resist

Respectfully Jane
zombiesugar
on 11/29/12 5:48 am

LMAO - nice rhyming skills!

My boyfriend says that when I close my mouth it comes out the other end when I'm sleeping. 

He's one to talk!

ShallowGirl
on 11/29/12 2:09 pm - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12

People with colostomy bags notice some foods cause more gas than others (because their bags swell up like balloons).  You could google foods causing gas.

A lot of sweeteners cause gas, as well as fiber.

http://digestive-disorders.health-cares.net/digestive-tract- gas-food.php

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

Megan M.
on 11/29/12 5:14 pm - Canada

I don't burp constantly, but I do burp now with much vigor.  I could out burp any trucker out there!

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

Most Active
Recent Topics