carrots?

Patm
on 12/10/12 2:18 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

So I was waiting for my soup to heat up for lunch and I had a few raw cut up carrots to eat after. While the microwave was doing it's thing I started nibbling on the carrots. Before I could have more than a spoon full of soup the carrots started making me sick. First the foamies then just now actually sick. The pain in my stomach was bad.

Over the last 11 mths I have cheated once or twice and know I do not dump from sweets. I know I have to be careful I do not eat them. But carrots!!

Well I guess that teaches me to follow the rules. Protein then other things LOL

ToNewBeginnings
on 12/10/12 2:24 am

They took me a while to get used to. I find them "heavy" in the stomach. Like rice.

Marny B.
on 12/10/12 3:24 am - Canada

It's not dumping.  Foamies don't indicate dumping.  It's more likely that the carrots just got stuck.  Dumping is usually more lower digestive tract (diarrhea, sweating, lower stomach cramps, rapid heart beat, etc....) 

Raw veggies in general can be very tough, especially early on. They are harder for the average stomach to digest, let alone your tity-bity stomach and re-routed intestinal tract.   Carrots are dense, and don't carry a ton of moisture to help them pass. I find I have to tread very lightly with raw carrots and also raw broccoli.  When and if you try again, try them with some dip (low or non-fat of course), and go sloooooow.  :)  Cooked are much easier to digest, but not as nutritious.  It's a catch 22.

Referral Sent:  March 19, 2010
Surgery date with Dr. Denis Hong: December 9, 2010

Patm
on 12/10/12 3:27 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I knew it wasn't dumping. I was just mentioning that I could have sweets with no ill effect but something healthy made me sick. I have had carrots often before but they all of a sudden decided to turn on me.

Marny B.
on 12/10/12 3:31 am - Canada

Ah.  I see.  yes, it is rather off putting to have a healthy choice come back and slap you in the face.  Damned carrots!  kiss

Referral Sent:  March 19, 2010
Surgery date with Dr. Denis Hong: December 9, 2010

Patm
on 12/10/12 3:36 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

yes exactly. Now I am sitting at my desk with my coat on with the chills. Hot tea will have to be my lunch

sam1am
on 12/10/12 9:20 am

I guess carrots are evil!  Am posted something similar he other day!

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/on/4589488/Foiled-by-an-orange-colored-friend/

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Patm
on 12/10/12 10:53 am, edited 12/10/12 10:54 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

i remember reading that now. I had one piece that was a cut larger carrot and a couple of amall ones. I think i will watch what kind I buy from now one. Thanks for reminding of this post

Most Active
Recent Topics