Dont think i am eatting what i shout be 9 weeks out

Niki L.
on 12/17/12 9:38 pm - Canada
RNY on 10/15/12
So in the morning i have 2tsp bran buds with 1/3 cup skim milk (or i don't go to the washroom) i soak them in the milk and drain add some plain Greek yogurt about 1/3 cup and 3 or 4 raspberries
I sip on water all day on and off but if i try to eat any food for lunch it don't go anywhere just to full i do a Premier protein shake after trying to eat something
Dinner i do 2 ozs lean meat mostly chicken and a 1 ozs veg and maybe 1/2 ozs potatoes if i can eat them
than i do maybe a 1/2 more shake i just still feel full all the time
yesterday i had eggs in the morning and and was still full at dinner so i have 3 bites of dinner and was done for the day also my family Dr thinks i may be losing to fast
What can i do to get more in or am i fine with what i am doing just don't want to mess my body up Thanks Niki

Onward and
Downward

on 12/17/12 9:45 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

It's good to sip water all day between meals, but perhaps stop sipping water half an hour or even an hour before you eat meals and snacks?  That might make you feel full if you're drinking water too soon before you should be eating.

I'm never hungry, at least pretty much never.  So I have to eat by the clock.  I can go all day without eating too (and I have when I've gotten distracted), but it's not a good thing to do.  Unfortunately, it's now our full-time job to eat on a schedule, on top of whatever other full time job we have...

I'm only 6 weeks out and not a vet, though, so maybe people further out will have some helpful tips.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Monica M.
on 12/17/12 9:49 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

at 9 weeks, you may or may not be "able" to have a "full" sensation, or sense that you're hungry. Eat by the clock, not by how you feel. Go back to the paperwork given by your centre. How many grams of protein are you getting in a day?

Patm
on 12/17/12 10:04 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

At 9 weeks I was not eating veg or potatoes. I would have the protein and if I felt like it a bit of veg. You mention having a shake with your dinner. Please be sure it is 1/2 hr after your dinner or you are just washing the food out. Ask your centre if you are losing too fast. Most GP's do not understand the program.

Most Active
Recent Topics