Odd question...burping!

orcoco
on 12/21/12 3:56 am

I'm a week out from my surgery, and for the past two days I can hear my stomach grumbling, and the air traveling thru my body.  I have geek even burping a lot, which is something I never did before!

anyone else experience this??

Riley Sanders
on 12/21/12 4:07 am - Canada

you are a week out of surgery as in you had surgery a week ago? no one spoke to you about gas? To do the surgery they fill you with gas and you need to pass it all out or else it will cause pain.  My brochure said to expect gas for around 2 weeks.

orcoco
on 12/21/12 10:44 pm

Yes, I had surgery a week ago.  They did speak tome about gas, my body was full of it, trust me!  After surgery the gas felt as though it was in all my body cavities....It didn't feel like it was in my stomach.  Anyway, the burping is something completely new.  It gets worse with each day.  Not something I am extremely concerned about, I was just trying to see if others had something similiar happen to them.

Referral to Humber April 1, 2012     Orientation September 4, 2012     Meet Surgeon October 5, 2012      SW, Dietician, Nurse November 16, 2012     Dr Glazier Nov 22, 2012  Start Optifast Nov 23, 2012   Pre-Op Nov 27, 2012  Surgery December 14 with Dr. Starr

BluEyedCin
on 12/21/12 4:25 am

90% of my gas was relieved by burping. I am 18 days out and I still burp some enlightened

ARE YOU FROM NORTHERN ONTARIO

IF SO EMAIL ME AT

[email protected]

SURGERY DEC 3 2012

jdance
on 12/21/12 4:33 am - Canada

Welcome to burp world. You might not burp as often when you get further out  but burping has become part of my life and sometimes my stomach talks to me.

I burp when I'm full, that's my que to quit eating.

tbtilalaf
on 12/21/12 11:07 am

Yep like the above answer said, you will burp a lot more now even 5 years from now....there is just not enough room for food/liquid (which ever the case may be) in your pouch along with air, so out the air goes...A real good book for you to read is called "The Real Skinny on Weight loss Surgery" very good and entertaining book also recommenced by Guelph. It will explain A LOT that you probably don't know, or will experience soon.....lol

I am just pasted 5 months out now, and will burp about 3 - 4 times after i eat or even drink (more burps with eating though)...

Congrats on your surgery!!

Melissa!

Surgery was July 19 2012, and I am doing great!! Only one regret....wish I did this years ago!!!!

PROUD MEMBER OF THE CENTURY CLUB!

orcoco
on 12/21/12 10:45 pm

Thanks for your responses!  I definitely think I'm going to be a burper!

Referral to Humber April 1, 2012     Orientation September 4, 2012     Meet Surgeon October 5, 2012      SW, Dietician, Nurse November 16, 2012     Dr Glazier Nov 22, 2012  Start Optifast Nov 23, 2012   Pre-Op Nov 27, 2012  Surgery December 14 with Dr. Starr

Barbara_journey
on 12/23/12 11:29 pm - Canada

I'm 6 months out and I burp like a crazy drunk!

Most Active
Recent Topics