NSV - Boxing Day

zombiesugar
on 12/26/12 9:22 pm

So I was forced to get up at 5am to go with my bf to Best Buy for 6am.

In exchange I got to go clothes shopping after.

I haven't bought new clothes since surgery (3 months out now).

So I pick out a bunch of bottoms in size 22 (I figured just by looking at my loose pants that's where I was). I was a 28 pre-surgery. Imagine my annoyance/joy when I got them all in the change room and they were all too big! I had to go back out and get them all in a 20 and they all fit! I even bought a pair of sweat pants in 1X!!

I almost got emotional in the change room. Almost.

Then at Payless I was actually able to zip up a pair of knee-high boots!

I didn't realise that these things would make me so happy. It was quite an eye-opening day!

Monica M.
on 12/26/12 9:28 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

that's awesome!! dont buy too much, you'll shrink out of those sizes fast!

2mar
on 12/26/12 9:33 pm
RNY on 09/20/12

wonderful ! congrats. I am 3 months out as well and I should go and get new clothes. I think before they must have been tight tight.++  LOL.  

So... should go and check out the deal out there....

Patti K.
on 12/26/12 9:42 pm - Kingston On, Canada

Hi...Its only beginning....make Value Village your best friend.....Patti K.

Shar eD
on 12/26/12 9:48 pm

Congratulations, and you'll keep zipping through those sizes.  I've been buying separates to mix and match and spending as little as possible.  Also found a few wonderful charities to donate directly to female groups in my community (like Inasmuch house).   But to go from size 28 to below 22 in 3 months, WOW!

kellybelly333
on 12/26/12 10:27 pm - Toronto, Canada

Awesome!! Congrats!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Gabygee
on 12/26/12 10:28 pm - Canada

Well done, you!

But I'm going to echo the caution everyone else has put out there -

DO NOT INVEST IN NEW CLOTHES.

I wasted so much money wearing an item once, before I lost another 2 clothing sizes. I lost so quickly in the first 7 months that I went from size 26/28 to size 10, and wore new pants etc. ONCE before already finding them much too loose.

START LOOKING INTO GOOD USED CLOTHING STORES. I love my local Talize and I shop at both Goodwill and Value Village (aka the VV Boutique) quite a lot. I wash thte tiems as soon as I get home, and then everybody oohs and aahhs when I get to work in my new outfits.    ....  Haha. Fooled them. .... only paid a fraction of the new price, and sometimes the clothing was never worn.

Patm
on 12/26/12 10:38 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

congrats. I agree about buying too much but having a few things is fun. Especially as the sizes fall off. I was lucky for the first 6 mths I shopped mostly in my closet. I had been up and down so often I had clothes in a lot of sizes. This time however I got rid of the large sizes. I keep a bag going at all times to get rid of things.

zombiesugar
on 12/26/12 11:36 pm

Thanks guys!

Everything was 40% or 50% off so I got a good deal but I will definitely be checking out the used stores!

time2changeme
on 12/27/12 12:15 am

Awesome!  That's so exciting!  It's always nice to buy something new and pick something 

you feel pretty in! Thanks for sharing your great news!

Most Active
Recent Topics