Fitbit Users

Diminishing Dawn
on 12/31/12 11:48 pm, edited 1/1/13 1:47 am - Windsor, Canada

I am curious about this product but see that there are different models.   

Which one did you get?  Did you get it from their website?

Dawn

OH YA - I have an Iphone 4 but it won't sync up unless it's Iphone 4S. GRRRRRR.  Is it still worth it to get it without that capability???

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

gunnabehealthy
on 1/1/13 12:01 am
I got the FitBit One for Christmas. And my husband purchasedine from the Apple store at Conestoga mall for the same price as the website. So fr I do like it, only used it for 3 days now. I now know why I am so tired!! It says tht I wake during the night 7-10 times!! I recall only the once to go to the bathroom! Crazy!! I really do not know how it works as a pedometer when you have it attached to my bra strap?? But it does work! Good luck in your decision!!
PS - I did get it to sync with My Fitness Pal, and it just adds the calories to the available for the day.
gimpymom
on 1/1/13 12:12 am, edited 1/1/13 12:12 am

I have had mine since late Sept. and love it.  They don't have mine any more- but I got the Ultra...lets me know how I'm sleeping etc- I bought it right from their website.

I love it!! it certainly makes me accountable to myself-- FYI I have walked over 250 miles since I got it so that is amazing in and of itself!!!

good luck-Johanna

referral  Nov 23, 2011 orientation Dec 16   PATT Aug 9 OR DATE Aug. 20, 2012 ACHIEVED CLINIC GOAL Feb. 2013

DebsDream
on 1/1/13 12:38 am

Hiya, I have the fitbit one and hubby purchased it from Amazon. I love it, it syncs with myfitnesspal and I even went OUTSIDE for a little walk today....for me that's HUGE! :)

Orientation GGH: Mar '11 --- Surgeon: Oct 23, '12 --- Pre-Op: Nov 13, '12 --- SURGERY GGH,Dr. Reed:Nov 22, '12                 

Laurie C.
on 1/1/13 12:55 am - Collingwood, ON, Canada

Dawn:

I bought mine in August and love it, it keeps me accountable, I try to walk at least 7000 steps daily.  I don't use it for the sleep part

I use it in conjunction with my fitness pal

I bought from the website and it was in Collingwood in 3 days.  It probably does more than I have figured out but I'll get there.

Laurie

ps, thanks for the info on RH, I'm doing okay as long as i eat protein with carbs so far but always looking for more info if you get any.

Surgery:  June 11, 2012--Dr. Starr--Humber

Pez
on 1/1/13 1:05 am - Oshawa, Canada

My husband got me the Fitbit one for Christmas and he ordered it from the website.  I think it was around $25 in duty he had to pay.  He just told me he ordered me the scale through the Apple store online and you do not have to pay duty that way and the price is the same. 

kellybelly333
on 1/1/13 2:40 am - Toronto, Canada

I only have the iphone 4 too, and wish I could sync it that way. But you sync it with your computer anytime you're near it. I love mine because it motivates me to do more, like take the stairs, and walk more. I actually park farther away from anywhere because of it. I aim to please it. LOL

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

PWA93
on 1/1/13 2:45 am - Canada
RNY on 02/02/12

I ordered the Fitbit One back in October.  Love it.

I use it along with Myfitnesspal.com and track all my exercise, food, steps, cals burned, etc.  I ordered it through amazon.ca for $99.  I don't use the sleep mode every night but it is interesting to see when I do.  I try to do 10,000 steps a day and climb 10 floors.  Only draw back is the altimeter that measures the floors counts elevation change when in the car driving on roads with lots of hills.  Some days it says I have done 40+ floors when all I did was drive.

Maureen_R
on 1/1/13 3:08 am - Canada

I got the fitbit one about a month ago on amazon.ca. it seems to work well and I love how it syncs up with myfitnesspal. It's super light and I usually forget that I have it on. One evening I was checking the dashboard online and in the graphical representation of my activity during the day it showed tons of activity at 9 pm and 10pm. I thought it was screwing up but it turns out I had forgotten to remove it when I put my jeans in the wash--all that activity was the fitbit going through the washer and dryer. Despite the intense wet workout, the fitbit worked fine after

Karine
on 1/1/13 7:23 am - Canada
VSG on 06/25/12
Also a fitbit lover!! The other day I was heading to bed but I checked how I had done during the day. I was missing 1000 steps for my 10000 goal and I was missing 5 flighta of stairs for 50. So I put back my beloved fitbit and went for a walk in my house!!! Hahaha. Love it! And I sync to my ipod
Most Active
Recent Topics