Breaking out on Opti ? its day 8

seebs
on 1/2/13 9:28 pm - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 01/10/13

I am breaking out like I hit puberty and I am not happy .... oh yeah and I have the poopies still

Anyone else having the time of their life lol .....

Ah well just a vent I guess .... back to work :P

seebs        

Patm
on 1/2/13 9:47 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I was unable to add anything that had sweetener in it to the opti. Use Benefiber to help with the poops. Try something like instant coffee to see if you have less reaction.

Shaybear
on 1/2/13 9:47 pm - Canada

Hey seebs I'm on day 10 of opti and I haven't had any breakouts, but it's likely just your body detoxing. Sucks that it's coming in form of acne though. My girlfriend when on opti, developed a terrible bo around day 4 and it lasted her for 2.5 weeks. No matter the amount of showers or deodorant she used. The smell was coming out her pores :(. She's ok now.

As for the poops I have them too, usually as soon as I have my shake my tummy starts grumbling, but those are the only bowel movements I get so I'll take it.

Just stay focused on the big picture. You're almost there. The loser bench awaits!

Happy Thursday :)

Referral: 10/23/2012 Info Session: 11/08/2012 Social Worker&Nutritionist: 11/21/2012 Surgeon: 11/21/2012 Nurse: 12/07/2012 Internist: 11/28/2012 Pre Op: 12/28/2012 Surgery: January 7 2013              

seebs
on 1/2/13 10:10 pm - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 01/10/13

Hey Shaybear,

Thank you for the message ... I feel better ... really glad I don't have to deal with the BO .... I will stop whining lol

seebs        

bambam1956
on 1/2/13 10:59 pm - St. Thomas, Canada

Hi  Oh yea I am afraid to leave home I have diarrhea within 1/2 hour of taking OPTI... not nice and I have been on Opti for 6 days and thought it would be gone by now, I had to go buy Zincofax for the burning butt.  No breaking out... but I noticed the bottom of both legs have gone all wrinkly  and I have cracking around the edges of my fingers and they are bleeding... sore.  I hope yours clears up. When do you go?  I go to TWO Jan 11 at 11:00 am.    Good Luck  :) Bev

seebs
on 1/3/13 1:30 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 01/10/13

OMG really ... yeah mine is withing twenty minutes and then watch out ... I have to run to the bathroom not fun but I guess its good its leaving my body ... (the bad gooo :P)

Anyway I go Jan 10th .... 6am Dr Reeds in Guelph first patient ... Nervous but excited .... we can do this ... cant wait to stay in touch and compare post op .... hope we both go smoothly :)

seebs        

Cuter_w_Curves
on 1/3/13 3:40 am - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13

Hi Bev,

I just saw your post and realized you were not on the surgery list. Feel free to click the link at the bottom of my signature and check I have your info correct.

Shell

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG. 

P_Floyd
on 1/2/13 10:59 pm - Canada

Yup it's usual to go through some stuff. It wasn't til after my surgery that I hit puberty again though. Suddenly hairy knees to go with my excellent childish attitude. lol It will pass in time. Hang in there.

Long you live and high you fly 
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry 
And all you touch and all you see 
Is all your life will ever be.

DSOTM

time2changeme
on 1/3/13 12:09 am

Some days it's a bumpy ride, but hold on tight, the best is yet to come !!!  enlightened

Tereza
on 1/3/13 1:44 am

I had no tolorance for the Opti at all. I am now on day 9 and I called the dietician at the clinic. She told me that I shouldn't be having the poops that much now so she sent me a bariatric diet to follow for the rest of my time on my pre-opp. I find this so much better to handle. I was like the other post where my butt was raw an bleeding from the amount that I spent running to the toilet. If it's not tolerable for you then definitely call your dietician. Some people's bodies just can't handle the Opti.

All the best to you and your new beginnings :)

Tereza

Most Active
Recent Topics