Average calories consumed 3 weeks post op?

orcoco
on 1/4/13 6:41 am

What were (if you remember), or what are you consuming in calories each day at 3 weeks post op?

I've kind of been at a stall for the past week, losing only one pound.  I understand that this is nothing to stress about, but it gets me to thinking maybe I am eating too much??  For the past week or so, I've been consuming 500-600 calories a day. 

Any ideas?  I've been exercising, and getting in about 50-60 grams of protein.  I have no issue with drinking at all, which kind of makes me wonder.  I get in at least 10 glasses of water a day, doesn't feel any different after surgery then it did before!

Thanks for any help!

Referral to Humber April 1, 2012     Orientation September 4, 2012     Meet Surgeon October 5, 2012      SW, Dietician, Nurse November 16, 2012     Dr Glazier Nov 22, 2012  Start Optifast Nov 23, 2012   Pre-Op Nov 27, 2012  Surgery December 14 with Dr. Starr

MissDannie
on 1/4/13 6:54 am - CA

I'm 2 weeks out and on mushy/purred foods and I'm only getting in about 400 a day including shakes.

Your fine, you've just hit a plateau. Just remember keep the carbs and sugar low, and the protein high and you will be fine!

2mar
on 1/4/13 7:17 am
RNY on 09/20/12
ShallowGirl
on 1/4/13 8:06 am - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12

I was only about 400 to 600 calories a day.

I was also very constipated.  I ate very watery oatmeal one morning (and took senekot) and got fixed.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

Patm
on 1/4/13 9:14 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

At this point it is not about the calories. Just worry about your protein and water. As shallow girl said make sure you are not constipated. This happens to a lot of people

gimpymom
on 1/4/13 9:16 am

You should try to up your protein to 80-100gm per day, and watch that you keep your fiber up as well20-25 gm per day....don't stress the calories at this point.....

referral  Nov 23, 2011 orientation Dec 16   PATT Aug 9 OR DATE Aug. 20, 2012 ACHIEVED CLINIC GOAL Feb. 2013

time2changeme
on 1/4/13 9:55 am

I think your doing great for being 3 weeks post op.  Impressive that your having no issue

with your fluid intake, I still am unable to tolerate water, and I struggle daily to get all my fluids in.

angry

(deactivated member)
on 1/4/13 12:08 pm - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12

Sounds like you are doing fine, but I would try to get that protein up to minimum 60 per day.

orcoco
on 1/4/13 12:15 pm

Thanks for all your answers!  It makes me feel better.

It was much easier today to get my protein in, now that I'm on the next stage.  65 grams.  Still aiming for a little more, but I'm getting the water in!  I was just a little discouraged at the lack of weight off this week, but I'm not going to dwell on it!

mermaidz
on 1/4/13 11:50 pm - Brampton, Canada

Calories don't count at this point. And I know that's probably a totally different way of thinking but calories won't count for a while to come.

Protein and water intake count. Big time. Up your protein as others have suggested. And increase your water-you will become constipated otherwise so you need to start "training" your bowels now to go regularly. Protein helps your body to heal

You won't feel much because the nerves to your stomach have been severed and your body is adjusting so don't use your stomach the old fashioned way of telling you that you're full.. That no longer counts as your yard stick

Good luck!

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

Most Active
Recent Topics