The good the bad and the ugly and the funny 3 mons post op

Niki L.
on 1/15/13 6:13 am - Canada
RNY on 10/15/12
So I am three months post op today

The Good:
Starting weight 256, and today's weight 186, with 70pds lost.
I have so much more energy, I feel so much better about myself, its great to be able to keep up with my kids. One of the best things is that food no longer runs me I run it, so basically I don't have the reason to eat everything around me. Also it has helped my kids as well since we don't buy all the junk food anymore, and love to go for walks with me so I get in more family time with my kids. Hubby and I also seem to be going out more with friends, which hasn't really happen all that much due to me not wanting to go anywhere.

Now not sure if this is good or bad but cant get hubby to keep his hands to him self the fact is i am taking better care of me now and he see's that in how i act and dress i do my hair every day yes and get dressed even when i don't go out .

The Bad:
It has been a rough ride dealing with that the fact of not being able to eat very much food, lived on shakes for quite some time. Around ten weeks eating got better, still not eating what the book says I should be eating but getting there. Hair -loss; I do seem to lose a lot, hair has been becoming very thin though i was expecting this to happen. Getting into a good routine, taking vitamins took a bit but on top of it now. Gas, lots and lots of gas, I have never been so gassy in my entire life. Dizziness, I get dizzy when i change positions, getting up from lying down or sitting up, learning to deal with it and hoping for it to pass. Throwing up, I think I have thrown up more than i have in my entire life, most of this has been a learning curve of when I'm full or have eaten too fast.

The Ugly:
Kidney Stones, Bladder Infection, Kidney Infection, the pain was unreal.
Constipation, all I can say is be warned do not let this happen, I make it a priority everyday two words protein and FIBER.

The Funny:
The funny thing is losing my underwear and pants when bending over in the mall, or you buy new pants but not new underwear and your underwear falls down under your pants. Discovering you actually have butt bones.

Would I do this all over again
Yes i would i think all and all this by far is the best thing i could have ever done for myself Niki

Elektra_Kat
on 1/15/13 6:39 am
RNY on 06/26/13

Thank you for sharing. I enjoy reading these types of posts.I have no surgery date set, but I am somewhere in the process.

Niki L.
on 1/15/13 6:45 am - Canada
RNY on 10/15/12
Glad you liked it if you ever want to ask anything feel free to send me a message

Nanato2
on 1/15/13 7:33 am - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13

thank you for posting this as I am little nervous as I had my surgery date bumped up today to Feb 12th. You are doing great keep up the good work.

Referral- March 2012, Letter April 19, Orientation TWH- June 6, NP - July 3, Sleep Apena test July 16, Internist and SW  - July 17, Nutritional class - July 23, Dietician appt. July 30th, Psych-Social appt - Aug 20th. Follow up with doctor sleep apena Aug. 28th  Surgeons appt. - Dec. 14th Dr. Jackson. Surgery date - Feb 12 2013 - VSG   

Niki L.
on 1/15/13 8:24 am - Canada
RNY on 10/15/12
Ty and all the best on the 12th

Moselle
on 1/15/13 7:33 am - Athens, Canada
Congratulations on your success to date.

Sounds like everything is going fairly well now. I hope that your journey runs more smoothly now even after some of the bumps that you've had along the way.

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." -Robert Collier
Join Kingston Ontario WLS Support Group - Online @ OH 

HW: 267         SW: 248       GW:155       LW: 132      CW: 143-148      

Niki L.
on 1/15/13 8:25 am - Canada
RNY on 10/15/12
Ty i just deal with the bumps as they come

Heathergetbetter
on 1/15/13 7:37 am - Trenton, ON, Canada
RNY on 05/02/12

That was a good read! Sorry to hear you had a rough patch, but glad to hear you're seeing the bright side. I can echo many of the post weight loss experiences.

It's nice to feel wanted, but the grabbing get in the way sometimes

Dr Ref: Sept 9th '10, Dr. Follow up (file lost in bulk transfer) Aug '11Pre-surg Asmt Ottawa: Dec 9th '11File Transf to HRH -another bulk transf Bypass class: Feb 2 '12 Surgeon Consult: Feb 8 '12    Dietician: Feb 8 '12   Soc Wrkr: Feb 8 '12 Nurse: Feb 8 '12 Internist: Mar 9 '12  Surgeon: Apr 4 '12 Opti:Apr 18 '12 SURGERY: May 2 '12    
Niki L.
on 1/15/13 8:26 am - Canada
RNY on 10/15/12
LOL it dose but nice to know he still wants me and i think everything i have been thought most go thought as well

(deactivated member)
on 1/15/13 8:16 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12

Good for you angryNiki.

Most Active
Recent Topics