2 days 'til surgery & freaking out (vent...aka whine)

HopefulBee
on 1/15/13 7:58 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
RNY on 01/18/13

Surgery day is Friday. Today is my last day of Opti (1 shake left). I am so effing emotional the last 3ish days it's not even funny, & today has been the WORST!!

Parents are out of town till April. Kinda wish Mom was going with me but she's 70 so it's probably best she's not going with me. But I'm the baby & I want my Mom...lol...  So...Fiance is going with me. But we've been fighting since Sunday. Started because I was cleaning the house before we leave & just snapped feeling like he doesn't help out around the house...like...ever. It escalated to an all-out war & we've barely spoken for 2 days. Today found out he has to have an angiogram when we get back (he's 51 & has always been very healthy aside from battling minor weight issues). Trying to be supportive of him but he's not being receptive to my support & he's wallowing in (self-pity? not sure what it is but it seems like he's pouting. I get it. I'm worried about him too...but...). On top of it all, when I asked yesterday if he was hanging around during my surgery I got an "I dunno". Then he had booked an appointment with no thoughts of my pre-op appointment. Didn't know when pre-op was until after he'd booked his appointment. To avoid a fight I had just let it go but today I finally told him it was bugging me that he's not coming with me. And that I have to walk to my pre-op (he'll have the rental car) in a strange city after 2 weeks of liquid diet & go through pre-op by myself. He's now requested a change in his appt time but is annoyed with me for it. So I'm feeling like a big sack of poo.

This should be one of the happiest times in my life. Been waiting for this for 21 months. But feeling like I just want to curl up in a ball & shut the world out.

I am not normally a whiner, sorry if this makes me sound like one...just feeling very lost & I guess somewhat alone.

Referral from family doctor: April 2011

Surgery date: JAN 18, 2013 @ St Joe's Hamilton with Dr. Anvari

Karidian
on 1/15/13 8:05 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 01/16/13

I'm with you!  My surgery is tomorrow morning.   I am in a high state of anxiety.   Guess what?  That's completely normal.   I'm with my family for this time and we're fighting like wildcats.  It's normal.  Just realize this is a stressful time, and forgive yourself and others around you for edgy tempers and bad mods. 

And you're not a whiner.   Hold on, you're almost there.

Surgery date:  January 16 2013 -  Beware, I LIVED.

"Not all those who wander are lost..."

2mar
on 1/15/13 9:14 am
RNY on 09/20/12

Best of luck with your surgery Karidian! Sure you do well! Great vibes enlightenedsending your way. Let us know how it went. 

HopefulBee
on 1/15/13 12:24 pm - Thunder Bay, Canada
RNY on 01/18/13

Good luck tomorrow Karidian! You're right...almost there!!

sweet_sylvie
on 1/15/13 8:07 am

I'm really sorry to hear that :(

If I had live close to you I would have taken a day off and go with you for sure!

Take care and I wish you the best of luck and we are all here for you!!

HopefulBee
on 1/15/13 12:25 pm - Thunder Bay, Canada
RNY on 01/18/13

Aww thanks Sylvie! Your name suits you...that is so sweet of you!!

Eileen C.
on 1/15/13 8:12 am - Cornwall, Canada

Hi 

Hope you are feeling better after your post LOL Being on Opt-fast can do awful things to your emotions and feelings!!

I can understand your feelings, you are entering a journey that you need support from him, and possibly he is frightened or worried for you and cannot express his feelings like you can LOL, men will be men unfortunately, they are not as verbal as we women are LOL

I am sure that he will want to be with you at the time of surgery and be very supportive as well.

He is probably worried about his health as well as your health and like most men, think they are the only one with issues!!

I am not trying to make light of everything but all you can do is express to him how you feel and hope that he will support you by being there for you. Your feelings count.

Do you have an angel that will keep in contact with you after surgery and be there to help support your recovery or answer any questions you may have.  There is still time to post that you need an angel to watch over you.  I am sure that you will find someone close to where you live that can help you while you are going through this difficult time.

So if any one reads this and wants to offer to be your angel, I am hoping they will step forward and be there for you.laugh

Sending you warm hugs and healing vibes!

Take care

Eileen

my angel is Lisa48                                        
HopefulBee
on 1/15/13 12:28 pm - Thunder Bay, Canada
RNY on 01/18/13

Thanks Eileen! Feeling better now...just a bump in the road, & bad timing to boot. We will work it out, we always do!

I don't have an angel - but I do have a strong support system in my family & close friends. Planning on attending the local support group when I feel well enough after surgery, too.

Eileen C.
on 1/15/13 10:26 pm - Cornwall, Canada

Good for you, glad to hear you are feeling better, and remember there are no wrong or bad feelings, all feelings are justified LOL

Will be thinking of you on Friday!!! And remember after surgery, walk, sip and walk some more and let the gas go, if you hold it

in, it will only be more painful~~!!!

Have a great day

Take care

Eileen

my angel is Lisa48                                        
kerlanny
on 1/15/13 8:39 am - Canada
RNY on 01/29/13

I feel for you. It's a very stressful time.  My surgery is in two weeks and I'm not looking forward to the pre surgery stress.  I know for a fact (from previous surgery experience) that I'll be slightly nervous and my family will be the same...  We will all probably be a bit edgy...

I am sure everything will be fine.  Best of luck and I'll be in your shoes very soon.

Think positive thought!

On my journey to rescue the healthy and confident me that is hidden within!

Most Active
Recent Topics