kicking myself in the pants and celebrating a NSV at the same time

stephanie2011
on 1/21/13 11:49 am - toronto, Canada

Well, I am kicking myself in the pants for 2 reasons - the first one is that I went away for 4 days for a hockey tournament and forgot my fitbit at home.  I walked double my usual and also worked out in the hotel gym too!  damn.  The second is that I had a terrible eating weekend.  I bought everything I needed and forgot it in my fridge at home. I got there and had no yogourt, no cheese strings, fruit etc.  Instead of going to the grocery store the next day, I went to the outlet mall enlightened I managed to pick up some cheese, milk and yogourt later that day and I ate salads with protein for most meals with the exception of one lunch which we had at taco bell.  I had the good part of an order of nachos supreme.  Tomorrow is a new day!  Fitbit will be on my body and my lunch is already packed for work. 

NSV's - I bought a new leather jacket - short, cropped, grey motorcycle style.  woot woot!  and I was offically voted the hottest goalie mom.  It is a dubious honor as it is kind of like saying your only sister is your favorite sister but It is certainly a far cry from being the fattest goalie mom so I'll take it.  LOL...   It has been a very long friggin time since anyone other than my husband has called me 'HOT'.  I know we shouldn't measure our worth by the opinions of others but it is a nice ego boost to hear compliments like that. 

Anyways, it was a great weekend.  My son's team didn't win a single game but he had a great time with his friends and we had a great time with the parents. 

Referral: Aug 3, 2010       Info Session: Dec 12, 2011   
Nurse Appt: Jan 30, 2012    Diet/Nut Appt: Feb 8, 2012
Surgery Class: Jan 24, 2012
Meet Surgeon: Feb 8,2012    Start Optifast: April 24, 2012
Surgery Date: May 8, 2012

Onward and
Downward

on 1/21/13 12:35 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Tomorrow is always a new day and filled with potentially good food choices. :)  Life happens.  Glad you had a good weekend, and it sounds like for the most part you made good food decisions other than that nacho supreme thing, even though you forgot your planned stuff at home.

And hot new clothes are so great. :)

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Patm
on 1/21/13 10:41 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Being called hot is always a great thing. We may not measure ourselves by others but it does not mean we can't enjoy the compliment

kellybelly333
on 1/21/13 11:39 pm - Toronto, Canada

Oh boo. No Fitbit!!! LOL

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Catw
on 1/22/13 4:38 am - Arnprior, Canada

Way to go on the "Hottest Goalie Mom" (from one goalie mom to another).  This was only one weekend, get up, brush yourself off and keep going.

My son was in a tournament this weekend too, and we didn't win any games either.  But, I'm sure both our boys have also picked themselves up and dusted themselves off ready for the next game/tournament.

Enjoy the games!

Cathy

stephanie2011
on 1/23/13 9:07 am - toronto, Canada

Thanks everyone, both myself and my son have dusted ourselves off and are moving onwards.  And I have had a really good week with eating so I feel better too.

hot goalie mom :)

Referral: Aug 3, 2010       Info Session: Dec 12, 2011   
Nurse Appt: Jan 30, 2012    Diet/Nut Appt: Feb 8, 2012
Surgery Class: Jan 24, 2012
Meet Surgeon: Feb 8,2012    Start Optifast: April 24, 2012
Surgery Date: May 8, 2012

Most Active
Recent Topics