CRAZY Trans-Canada Challenge: EXCITING updates!!

msheavyhearted
on 1/22/13 6:29 pm - Marathon, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/02/12

Well, well, well.... Look what's happened. It seems all teams are essentially neck and neck again! Great news for teams B and C but not so great for Team A - who up to this point had the commanding lead. If I were to make any kind of prediction, next week will see Team B jump into the lead while Team A will be falling into last. Oh well, I guess the next batch of new recruits will just have to be added to my team.

Everyone has just made it past the Manitoba border. Here are the total Km's as they stand so far:

In first place with 4564 Km: Team CU L8R

In second place with 4544 Km: The A-Team

In a very close third with 4500 Km: Team Your Pace or Mine

Just a couple of reminders:

There will be two draws at the end of January:

#1: Everyone who posts about something new they've tried this month (activity-wise) will be entered in the regular monthly draw. Only about half of the members have posted about this so the pool of eligible names will be small unless you get your info to me. Here's who I have so far in the draw. If I've missed you, just post here or pm me to let me know:

Team A:

NiceEyes72

Pat M

HeatherGetBetter

Team B:

Ian C.

Cherry's New Beginning

Beth1970

Angela J. Dempsey

Rymebee

DiminishingDawn

Tbtilalaf

Deb's Dream

Elizabeth R.

LolaBug

Team C:

Kelly Belly

Monica M.

Gimpy Mom

Remember, it doesn't have to be a huge step out of your comfort zone but try and mix it up a little. (But venture out... try something new. Monica is currently the craziest with her hip hop lessons. Way to go, Mon!!)

#2: Everyone who was a member in good standing between the December 1st and January 31st will be entered to win the FitBit (or other equally awesome prize!) For those of you who joined after December 1st, don't despair... I will be announcing another similar contest sometime before the winter is out. (Yes, I'm basically bribing you to remain in the challenge!)

Thanks, everyone, for getting out there and getting things done. It's exciting to think that in a months' time we should be in Ontario and passing by everyone's home base!

Carry on.

Thea

Want to join the CRAZY TransCanada Challenge?? Just message me. Here's a link to the rules: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/on/4570778/REPOST-The-CRAZY-TransCanada-Challenge-Rules/

Onward and
Downward

on 1/22/13 7:21 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Thanks for all your work on this, Thea!  I can't think of anything new that I'm doing - too busy preparing for our kitchen reno. :) 

Also: woo hoo, Team CU L8R!!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

msheavyhearted
on 1/22/13 7:41 pm - Marathon, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/02/12

Ooohhh.. Kitchen reno. A terrible time but (hopefully) a glorious outcome.

May I suggest something as simple as picking up the pace or taking a different route if you walk outside. Upping the tension on a bike or do a few jumping jacks. Attempt a push up. Dance around the living with you loved one or your dogs - which is what I do. Any of those things are acceptable changes. It doesn't have to be a grand gesture. Just a simple change can make us view activity in a different light. I so want everyone's name in the contest!

Want to join the CRAZY TransCanada Challenge?? Just message me. Here's a link to the rules: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/on/4570778/REPOST-The-CRAZY-TransCanada-Challenge-Rules/

Cuter_w_Curves
on 1/23/13 12:12 am - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13

Changing the routes counts?

If so then my lap walking instead of wandering the near by streets would be a major route change... I went from being a "walk in the stores", "walk through the neighboring streets"... It's all about what I can look at...

To...

Lap the complex... rest... Repeat... EFFING HECK it's cold... GO FASTER. broken heart

Jokes aside though I would love any suggestions you have to add something this soon post-op. I'm so bored it hurts... But so limited on what I am cleared to do activity wise.

Shell

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG. 

msheavyhearted
on 1/23/13 1:39 am - Marathon, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/02/12

It's difficult to add things in when you're so recently post op. Just getting out there as much as you are is a huge accomplishment. I think walking post op is a "change" so I declare you added to the list. My challenge, my rules. LOL!

Cuter_w_Curves
on 1/23/13 1:57 am, edited 1/23/13 2:03 am - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13

LOL! Thank you!

I am trying to walk as much as I can... in truth it is keeping me sane. I'd go nuts if I was doing nothing but I am totally pondering ripping the remaining steri strip off and checking if I am healed enough to go to the pool. I miss the pool... I imagine it is but it is the large one (1 inch) so I am all...ummm... it'll come off in time.

The rest came off as I rubbed my belly this morning. *happy dance*

*ETA: Scratch that... looks like my pants did it for me... time to dig out my special adhesive remover pads and hit the shower... W00T! I'm healed! (on the outside)

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG. 

Onward and
Downward

on 1/23/13 6:04 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12
I've thought of something! I work on the second floor of a three storey building (with a mezzanine between the first and second floor). Over the past couple of days, I've taken the stairs a few times at work. So this will be my new change -instead of always taking the elevator, I'll take the stairs instead of always riding the elevator.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Monica M.
on 1/22/13 7:25 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... Team CUL8R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We rock!!!!!!! lets zooooom through manitoba!!!

kellybelly333
on 1/22/13 9:39 pm - Toronto, Canada

Woohoo!!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Megan M.
on 1/22/13 8:14 pm - Canada
Oh darn, I forgot to,post my mileage last week. If its not too late, or can be added for next time, I did a mere 12.8k for A-team.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

Most Active
Recent Topics