Sobbing mess... long

TM-Doingitforme
on 1/25/13 12:55 am - Canada
So I was discharged this morning, and despite the Dr. saying no problem waiting for my husband I was midway through my first full fluids breakfast when the nurse rushes in asking why I'm not getting ready. I said that the Dr. Said it was ok to wait for Steven and she informed me that they needed the bed and I needed to get up. I asked if there was somewhere I could shower, based on OH feedback and what I was told by the nurse when I registered and I was told to grab the basin and use the sink. So I fill the basin and carry it back over to my bed. As I'm doing this the cleaning guy comes in and tells me that he needs to clean the bed. I told him he'd have to come back and he gives me a hard time. By this point I'm in tears trying get washed, dressed and packed up, end up hurting myself doing up my boots and still no sogn of my nurse who was supposed to come back to replace/remove/who the heck knows anymore my steri-strips. I'm bawling because my husband has my aallet so I can't even buy anything for lunch (the nurse the first night said not to leave it to be safe) and don't know where I'm supposed to go to wait for him. Have phoned Steven in tears and his is livid, he wasn't happy with the nurses from the first. Thinking about going to the bariatric centre to wait for him there. Finally buzz to see if I can track down my nurse but she is on break and another nurse comes, I cry all over her saying at this point I just want to get out. She says no rush, they don't need the bed until after 1:00pm and they don't kick people out. News to me. She tells me to sit and she'd send my nurse over when she is back from break. I've been waiting 45 minutes now, no sign of her. I appreciate that I've been given a gift with surgery, but this hosltial stay has been a awful experience. Since I aas doing well yesterday morning my nurses have treated me like a ghost, my monitor went into alarm over 30 times in an hour and a half last night and I had to pleade to get someone to come chamge the settings. It is like I'm supposed to intuitively know what to do and expect, but my only other hospital experience was a high risk pregnancy at St. Mike's and day surgery for my gallbladder 11 years ago.

Sorry for venting. I'm just tired, thirsty and haven't had any Tylenol since about 6 am. Now totry one last time to find my nurse.

Referral: May 13, 2012 | Orientation: July 16, 2012 HRRH  | RN, RD & SW: August 24, 2012  |  Surgeon - Dr. Huynh: July 21, 2012  & November 22, 2012 |  Internist - Dr. Glazer: September 21, 2012 &  November 19, 2012 | RNY Surgery: January 23, 2013 (HRRH)

aidan
on 1/25/13 1:00 am - Canada

You poor thing! This sounds awful try to hang in there.

Patm
on 1/25/13 1:14 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

That is ridiculous. Tell who ever will lissen you want your meds immediately! You also require water to not end up back there. When you are home and feeling better I would lodge a complaint with the hospital. They need to know when people are treated so poorly.

Nanato2
on 1/25/13 1:14 am, edited 1/25/13 1:15 am - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13

That's awful some people are just *****es. I would have not allowed her to talk to me that way I would have ask to speak to the nurse in charge.

Just be thankful you are going home and don't have to deal with them anymore. Now going home is something to smile about.

Referral- March 2012, Letter April 19, Orientation TWH- June 6, NP - July 3, Sleep Apena test July 16, Internist and SW  - July 17, Nutritional class - July 23, Dietician appt. July 30th, Psych-Social appt - Aug 20th. Follow up with doctor sleep apena Aug. 28th  Surgeons appt. - Dec. 14th Dr. Jackson. Surgery date - Feb 12 2013 - VSG   

Joyce J.
on 1/25/13 1:15 am - Scarborough, Canada

Hi there

Sounds awful. Sorry you had such a crappy experience. You will do much better at home. The crying may last off and on for awhile...... hormones

Hugs

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

zombiesugar
on 1/25/13 1:52 am

Vent away! I had a really bad experience when I was in the hospital too (with a neighbouring patient not the nurses) but I know how you feel! You'll be home soon and able to relax!

(deactivated member)
on 1/25/13 1:55 am - Oshawa, ON, Canada
VSG on 01/28/13
That sounds awful. I'm sorry.
CritterK
on 1/25/13 2:10 am

Sorry to hear you've had a bad experience.

Just wait there .. in the bed ... ask for lunch ... water ... meds ... if you're not ready to go .. you're not ready .. THEY will have to wait!

TM-Doingitforme
on 1/25/13 2:26 am - Canada
Thanks guys, I'm on my way home now. I finally tracked down my nurse, Heather, and she said that it was a misunderstanding, that she knew I was leaving at 1:00 (news to me, but that meant she spoke to the other nurse and still hadn't come by the room) and then since the cleaning guy was going by she reprimanded him in front of me, not awkward at all, at this point I just want to go downstairs to wait for Steven, but I had to wait on 5 for him since they wouldn't let me leave alone. She did finally come back to my room to change my strips but never offered anymore meds, my lunch was delivered but since the area was already cleaned I didn't know if I was allowed it and I just wanted out. Steven showed up 10 minutes later and when I went to registration to get my blue card one of the other nurses asked if I was in pain and gave me some Tylenol. My nurse saw me but did't come over at all, guess I didn't make a friend there. I have water in a sippy cup and I'm just taking small sips until I get home then I'll have to get some protein in me. No a great experience all around.

Referral: May 13, 2012 | Orientation: July 16, 2012 HRRH  | RN, RD & SW: August 24, 2012  |  Surgeon - Dr. Huynh: July 21, 2012  & November 22, 2012 |  Internist - Dr. Glazer: September 21, 2012 &  November 19, 2012 | RNY Surgery: January 23, 2013 (HRRH)

Laura H.
on 1/25/13 2:27 am - Canada

I sympathize with you .  I did not have a good experience at HRRH and did not like the nurses.  I too was booted out of my bed but then they did not need it.  I am sorry you had to deal with this.  Soon you will be home and in your own bed.  Hugs...

Laura H.

Most Active
Recent Topics