Considering different options for room at HRRH

Nevergiveup28
on 1/25/13 12:14 pm
I'm contemplating whether or not to do semi private or just a regular room at HRRH. Just wondering if anyone has any input. I did find out that semi private is an additional $250.00 a night but just not sure if its worth it i do have coverage that will cover approximately half
debralight
on 1/25/13 1:24 pm - Canada

You may get a semi private room even if you don't pay for it.. but its catch as catch can. I lucked out when i had my RNY in that way... but not everyone does.

Sometimes the best support  you can get isn't all purple puddles and pink rainbows.

mermaidz
on 1/25/13 9:37 pm - Brampton, Canada

My insurance covers a semi but I could have slept through a rock concert anyhow.

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

sam1am
on 1/25/13 9:41 pm

I don't know about HRRH, but no matter what you have booked you may not get your way.  If you do get your way, it depends on how important it is for you to be semi private and whether or not you luck out with a good roommate or not.  I had a misscarriage and had a room with a women who had just given birth and was ecstatic.  I was not a happy camper.  

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

(deactivated member)
on 1/25/13 9:47 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I wouldn't waste your money for 2 nights to get a semi private. If your insurance picked up the whole $250 then fine but since they only pay half, I'd just go with the ward room.  I ended up in a ward room once as all the semi private ones were taken and it really wasn't that bad.  You can sleep anywhere for 2 nights and save that money for something you really want after. Pack earplugs in case you get a noisy roommate and ask for gravol so you can sleep.

Lupie007
on 1/26/13 2:18 am - Canada

They told me that there were only 2 private rms available at HRRH and they saved them for emergency cases. Most ppl get semi private. 

The ones that say "you cant" and "you won't" are probably the ones scared that "you will"!!

(screw the haters)

Lupie 007

CW 255 5'7  Dr Hagen  VSG  January 28, 2013

2mar
on 1/26/13 4:45 am
RNY on 09/20/12

my insurance was willing to pay for private - was also at HRRH. You will get what they have...  Would not worry about it - as other people are saying it is only for 2 nights. You can put in a request - but don't count on it  :)

Most Active
Recent Topics