Day 4 of Opti......

Nevergiveup28
on 1/26/13 9:48 pm

So day 3 under my belt looking forward to day 4. I am trying to stay busy outside the house so I'm not constantly thinking about food. During the week I don't seem to struggle so bad as I am so busy at work.  I am really enjoying the cucumbers, celery and green peppers at night in place of chips. The broth I can't seem to do, going to look for something other than canned hoping to find something more palatable. Opti......well lets just say I've been drinking it with a milkshake straw, flavouring it up in many different ways and trying to get all 4 in. I just keep telling myself to drink it and stop focusing on the negatives of it  as its preparing me for a better surgery experience.  

Happy Sunday everyone 

kerlanny
on 1/26/13 9:57 pm - Canada
RNY on 01/29/13

You can do it!  I am counting down my packages now...  7 left out of 84...

Nothing tastes better than being thin...  Remember that!  (I have not tasted thin for years but I am sure it's pretty darn good)

I had the sf jello a few times I liked the lime the best...

Best of luck, YOU can do it

On my journey to rescue the healthy and confident me that is hidden within!

HaroldC
on 1/26/13 10:14 pm - Canada

Keep it up!

Just want to make a slight amendment to the comment above......

Better to be healthy than not :), thin is a state of mind!

Be confident.

Harold

SW 291  GW 199.9 CW 180 Surgery: TWH Dr. Penner Dec 20 2011
Celebrating life and opportunities for new beginings!!!

kerlanny
on 1/27/13 12:28 am - Canada
RNY on 01/29/13

Thank you!

What I meant is that it's worth the not always so pleasant taste for the end result which is to be a thinner healthy person...

o3angelgirl
on 1/27/13 1:50 am - Stratford, Canada

I kinda liked your quote!  I've never tasted thin before and I'm really looking forward to it!

MadMax1010
on 1/26/13 10:42 pm - Collingwood, Canada
RNY on 02/06/13

If it helps any, I am on day 11 of 21 and am down 10 lbs (the inches are showing it more) since I started and have already had to retire one pair of my work pants because the girls were teasing me about then "hanging" off my butt.

Just think this is only short term and keep your eye's on the prize.

Nevergiveup28
on 1/26/13 10:53 pm

Thanks for the inspirational quotes......Mad max down 10 pounds and half way done Opti.....good for you! Clothes shopping will be so much more fun now :)

MadMax1010
on 1/26/13 10:54 pm - Collingwood, Canada
RNY on 02/06/13

I have just sent you a pm with my cell #, text me anytime. We  can do this!

Nanato2
on 1/26/13 11:01 pm - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13

I am on day 6 of Opti for me I found day 3 the worse and find that I am hungry at night because that is usually when I came home from work and did most of my eating. So I have shake at dinner then broth and some jello and around 8:30 - 9 have my 4th shake of the day.

You are lucky you can eat veggies my centre doesn't allow us to. For the broth I tried the straight broth and almost threw up every time I drank it so what I did at the suggestion from my daughter pink jellybean I went out and bought Liptons Chicken Noodle soup in the big box not the cup of soup and made it and drained off all the noddles and just had the broth little bit higher in the recommended 10 calories but it tastes so much better.

I have lost weight not really sure how much but I noticed last night my clothes are loose which is wonderful. 

Just stay focused on the end game and you can do it.

Referral- March 2012, Letter April 19, Orientation TWH- June 6, NP - July 3, Sleep Apena test July 16, Internist and SW  - July 17, Nutritional class - July 23, Dietician appt. July 30th, Psych-Social appt - Aug 20th. Follow up with doctor sleep apena Aug. 28th  Surgeons appt. - Dec. 14th Dr. Jackson. Surgery date - Feb 12 2013 - VSG   

Maureen_R
on 1/27/13 7:46 am - Canada

I'm on day 4 of 21 and I will feel much better when I at least empty one case--6 cases staring at me is a bit depressing. I think it is getting a bit easier as long as i don'****ch the food network

Surgery February 15, 2013 with Dr Gmora at St.Joe's in Hamilton (includes 98 lbs lost before surgery)

Most Active
Recent Topics