Peanut Allergy after Rny ?

Niki L.
on 2/2/13 1:18 am - Canada
RNY on 10/15/12
So looks like after my RNY i have a peanut allergy funny before i ate peanut butter a few times a week. Now just one little peanut and i am covered in a rash my Dr could not believe it. Anyone have things they could eat before but not after RNY

(deactivated member)
on 2/2/13 1:29 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

Food allergies can happen at any time.  I used to eat shrimp often and then all of a sudden became extremely allergic to it.  Allergy lasted 16 years then finally went away.  My allergy developped long before WLS though.

Cuter_w_Curves
on 2/2/13 1:43 am - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13

I am hypoglycemic and even more sensitive to high sugar then I was before surgery...

Goodness help me I hope I do not develop any more allergies because I am already ANA to corn in certain forms. LOL!

Sorry to hear about the peanuts for you.

Shell

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG. 

Niki L.
on 2/2/13 2:01 am - Canada
RNY on 10/15/12
Sugar free things is a no go now peanuts

Cuter_w_Curves
on 2/2/13 2:42 am - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13

Welcome to my party! We get to have all kinds of fun with it... I get it better then most will. Sugar free is a dangerous game for me.

Stevia is cool though. Liquid stevia is awesome... You can get flavours. I make a Berry Mania herbal very strong (caffeine free) and let it cool. 500 ml of it in my contigo bottle, ice cubes to top it off, and 6-8 drops of French Vanilla flavoured stevia shaken up. VOILA... Awesomeness without calories. Muahahahahaha...

I have Lemon Twist (tastes like a lemon bar...) so a little in plain yogurt... Hazelnut is awesome in coffee, Dark Chocolate... I had Chocolate Raspberry... I put them all in water on their own also.

I look for recipes such as this where I can use a small amount of real sugar for what I want (or I have for years with my allergy but I am choosing something ridiculous to show you anything is possible here and I am going to show you how I make things mine):

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2013/01/28/chocolate-mayonn aise-cupcakes/

Chocolate Mayonnaise Cupcakes

(makes 6)

• 1/2 cup spelt or all-purpose flour (65g) (Arrowhead Mills gf also works.) - you could even sub in a bit of protein powder that is safe for you. I am looking at buying and trying dyna whey pure (no sweeteners) but beneprotein works too and do part one, and part the other for this 1/2 cup
  • 3 tbsp cocoa powder (15g) (not Dutch) (Always buy the best quality cocoa you can afford and you will be glad)
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt (I have to do non iodinated sea salt because table salt has corn starch in it to bind the iodine)
  • 1/2 cup xylitol or sugar (90g) (specifically cane surage for me as white has corn in it or try one of the powdered stevias... I think Truvia is one that is popular with folks here... just google it.)
  • 1/4 cup mayo-style spread, such as Vegenaise (See above paragraph for other brands that work.) (58g) - I use Hellmans regular as light has corn products in it
  • 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract (I am best off to make my own by buying potato vodka, vanilla beans and letting it sit for 2 months)
  • 1/3 cup plus 1 tbsp water (95g)

Preheat oven to 350 F and place 6 cupcake liners inside a muffin pan. In a large bowl, combine first five ingredients and sift very well. In a separate bowl, combine remaining three ingredients and whis****il the mayo is completely smooth. Now pour wet into dry and stir until just combined. Immediately divide among the cupcake liners—it won’t seem like a lot of filling, but these cupcakes rise a lot!  Bake 21 minutes, then let sit 15 minutes before removing from the pan. These taste ten times more fudgey and rich the next day, so bake the day before eating if possible. Store in the fridge. (Cupcakes in the photos are frosted with my healthy Nutella recipe linked below the second photo on this page.)

So instead of frosting with nutella like she did... I would take some fresh strawberries (a pint for a whole batch or a table spoon or so for just 1 of them), a drop of French vanilla stevia... blend it smooth... raspberry topping with no sugar that has the nicest undertone of vanilla.

I guess what I am saying is... anything is possible. Even if it is a really big kick in the pants at first.

*big hugs*

Shell

Niki L.
on 2/2/13 3:08 am - Canada
RNY on 10/15/12
Wow ty for all the information and i think i will try the stivia and i think i will be making the yummy cake

Cuter_w_Curves
on 2/2/13 3:29 am - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13

*grin*

See... always a way around things. Enjoy!

You are incredibly welcome! You are more then welcome to hit me up for ideas ANY time. I got lambasted with my own allergy 7 years ago now and it changed my whole world. I had to remove everything and add things back into my life. I became really good at making it all work for me instead.

I hate feeling deprived... but I will modify things to make them suit me.

I asked hubby if he'd make it for me in another couple months the way I need it modified and he said yes. Love that about him!!! I bake the cakes... he does muffins and mini muffins. I do quiche and crust less ones (egg bites) and he does scrambled, fried, or poached eggs. *grin*

Niki L.
on 2/2/13 4:10 am - Canada
RNY on 10/15/12
So far iI find hubby and kids are eating what iI eat just more of it so much better for them as well my one son has shellfish allergies so we are all use to not having things peanuts are going to be a bit harder i think but iI am sure we will find ways and i got on the 15th for more tests to see just what is going on

4-Jane
on 2/2/13 4:13 am - Canada

So it would be possible for my old allergies to be gone and new different ones to come into play hum interesting

Respectfully Jane
Niki L.
on 2/2/13 4:39 am - Canada
RNY on 10/15/12
I am not sure all i know is iI could eat peanuts before my rny but if iI do now covered in a rash

Most Active
Recent Topics