What did you do?

nicolepage5
on 2/6/13 12:51 am - Stoney Creek, Canada
RNY on 02/11/13
Here's one for ya! What did you all do for the two weeks after you came home from surgery? Lay in bed watching tv? Mess around on the Internet? Sleep a lot? Walk a lot? I'm just looking for some ideas to pass the time. Any input would be great!

~Niki

Initial Referral: Feb. 17/12 - Orientation (St. Joe's): Oct 1/12 - Orientation (HRRH): Nov 26/12 - Meet Surgeon (Dr. Hagan): Nov 28/12 - Dietitian (Michelle): Nov 28/12 - SW (Jackie): Nov 28/12 - NP: Dec 20/12 - Bloodwork: Dec 20/12 - Medical Internist (Dr. Glazer): Jan 10/13 - Surgeon (Dr. Hagan): Jan 17/13 - Optifast: Jan 28/13 - Surgery: Feb11/13!!!

KristieA
on 2/6/13 12:55 am - Orillia, Canada
I slept a lot off and on. Watched a bit of TV and tried to walk around the house as much as I could. Sometimes just taking a shower was enough for me to need a nap. Planning meals for the next day or two.

Read, watch TV - that kind of stuff.

I went back to work after 2 weeks. I have an office job. For me I think another week would have been good, but financially it wasn't possible. Everyone heals different and it is important to listen to your own body's response to the surgery.

Best of luck on your journey,

Kristie

"Don't trade what you want the most,
                    for what you want at the moment."

nicolepage5
on 2/6/13 1:08 am - Stoney Creek, Canada
RNY on 02/11/13
Thanks for the input We're you able to take a shower the day you got home?

Initial Referral: Feb. 17/12 - Orientation (St. Joe's): Oct 1/12 - Orientation (HRRH): Nov 26/12 - Meet Surgeon (Dr. Hagan): Nov 28/12 - Dietitian (Michelle): Nov 28/12 - SW (Jackie): Nov 28/12 - NP: Dec 20/12 - Bloodwork: Dec 20/12 - Medical Internist (Dr. Glazer): Jan 10/13 - Surgeon (Dr. Hagan): Jan 17/13 - Optifast: Jan 28/13 - Surgery: Feb11/13!!!

JJ_
on 2/6/13 5:08 am

My first shower was the morning after surgery while I was still in hospital.  You just cannot have the water hitting on the incision sites.  If it drains over your shoulder, no problem.

Judy

TM-Doingitforme
on 2/6/13 1:26 am - Canada
I walked, slowly; watched a bunch of movies; went crazy with my Pinterest obsession and mainly focused on getting in my fluids, vitamins, full fluids, that was a full-time job in itself. I showered the day after I got home, it felt awesome! Good luck!

Referral: May 13, 2012 | Orientation: July 16, 2012 HRRH  | RN, RD & SW: August 24, 2012  |  Surgeon - Dr. Huynh: July 21, 2012  & November 22, 2012 |  Internist - Dr. Glazer: September 21, 2012 &  November 19, 2012 | RNY Surgery: January 23, 2013 (HRRH)

DarrenM
on 2/6/13 1:35 am, edited 2/6/13 1:35 am - Kincardine, Canada

they let us shower at the hospital after surgery,everything was fairly normal at home,was out in backyard digging a post hole the day after i got home,i worked on my old car for four weeks while waiting to go back to work,did spring cleaning till i got tired of that,luckily it was warm last march!  Best of all no pain meds after surgery!

Highest=420lb  pre opti=382lb pre-op=360                        
highlandbear
on 2/6/13 1:47 am - Canada

I came home on a Friday and rested the weekend and Monday I started my walking program and I walked 3x a day and than i come in and rested or tidy up the house. I did not sleep much. In fact I got in trouble for doing to much. I even cleaned out my oven 4 weeks out and they were not happy with me.

Hanneli xoxo
on 2/6/13 1:50 am - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12

I played video games on the Wii U lol... slept lots.. pre planned lots of meals... generally relaxed and loafed on the couch mostly.  I was off for 4 weeks (3 weeks short term disability and one week vacation that needed to be used up before year end)

I enjoyed every minute of it :D

(deactivated member)
on 2/6/13 1:53 am - Straford, Canada

Bought the two seasons of The Bogias and watched them.  Surfed the net, learned how to use fitbit and hobble around with myfitnesspal.com, slept and sipped!  Enjoy the ride, the destination is just one moment in time!  

Catw
on 2/6/13 2:02 am - Arnprior, Canada

Hmm, walked around the house, did the stairs at least once a day (to put the kids to bed), sipped, sipped, tried multiple ways to take my vitamins.  Watched a lot of NetFlix. Sat at the computer once in a while (first few days, I kept in touch with everyone using e-mail on my iPod).  Started really paying attention to this site.  Wandered the house.  Did do some walks/shopping with lots of breaks.

Unless I'm completely exhausted, I don't nap, most I did was have "Quiet Time".

Cathy

Most Active
Recent Topics