First full fluids and home time :)

Nevergiveup28
on 2/8/13 10:12 pm
Well, I have been discharged by Dr. Hagen and should be released after lunch. They want to see how my first breakfast and lunch sits first. I have never been so excited to have cream of wheat and plain yogurt lol. So yummy
Have a great day everyone!
Moselle
on 2/8/13 11:12 pm - Athens, Canada

Welcome to the loser's bench. I wish you a speedy recovery and an amazing journey.

All the best.

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." -Robert Collier
Join Kingston Ontario WLS Support Group - Online @ OH 

HW: 267         SW: 248       GW:155       LW: 132      CW: 143-148      

time2changeme
on 2/9/13 12:17 am

Great news!  Welcome to the bench!  angry

sam1am
on 2/9/13 12:34 am

Congratulations and welcome to the bench! 

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

MadMax1010
on 2/9/13 1:11 am - Collingwood, Canada
RNY on 02/06/13

That's fantastic news!!!!!!!! We got home about noon after stopping in Costco to pick up more protein shakes. YAY we did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

willowraine
on 2/9/13 1:17 am - Guelph, Canada
RNY on 02/06/13
Amazing how good that stuff tastes. The cream of cauliflower soup I had was heavenly!

Now I'm home and trying to eat and it just isn't going so well. The oatmeal turned out nasty and my yogurt mixed with protein powder isn't much better but I'm managing to get that down. Oh well, I'm sure it's all a learning curve and will get better.

Referral Aug/11, transferred to HRRH May/12, Orientation July 4/12, Surgeon July 17/12,     RD, SW  Aug 3/12, RN Aug 22/12, Dr. Glazer/Sleep Study Sept/12, Surgeon Nov 2/12, 1st surgery date (cancelled due to to sickness) Dec 13/12, Re-scheduled for Feb 6/13

MadMax1010
on 2/9/13 5:08 am - Collingwood, Canada
RNY on 02/06/13

I know, I dont' do oatmeal or cream of wheat, they are like wall paper paste to me. Like you said we are on a steep learning curve and we will get through this and look back in a while and laugh at how we were such Noobs! Glad you got home safe.

JJ_
on 2/9/13 6:37 am

So...how did the food go down?  I was on clear fluids while in hospital and only switched to full fluids once I was home.  I hope your recovery goes well.

Judy

(deactivated member)
on 2/9/13 8:18 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12

congratulations, I don't like cream of wheat but I sure did that day!

Most Active
Recent Topics