Plastics here in ontario

spooky104
on 2/18/13 4:17 am - London, Canada
RNY on 07/26/12

ok i wanted to post here to get an idea on this in ontario.. the plastics forum seems to be a lot of usa peps..

im wondering did anyone get full plastics before having children.. such as thighs, upper arms, breasts, stomach and butt?  or did anyone get upper arms, butt and thighs.. have kids then get the stomach and breasts..  im only 27 and am 7 months out i was i guess a bit of a light weight at surgery because i lost 50lbs on my own in the two and half years i waited for surgery so i was 199lbs the day of.. im past my goal of 135lbs im 132lbs currently but now that ive seen my goal id like to go down to 115 - 120lbs .. im only 4 foot 10 inches soo lol anyway  i def have a lot of loose skin the only thing that isnt bad are my calfs, forearms and my butt isnt quite as bad as my inner thighs and the rest of me..   i was also wondering did anyway have plastics in less than two years after surgery if u hit your goal weight early..  my friend is getting married in dec 2014 id love to have some plastics done before that since im a bridesmaid and its strapless and i have a lot of breast/armpit skin so even bras makes it look retarded..

also how much if i may ask did some of you pay for plastics in ontario and was there financing?  can i get a consult a year out? ill be a year the end of july i have been maintaining the last two months.. so im wondering if this is it .. im happy if it is although id like to loose a bit more to give me some wiggle room

Referral Date: Feb 3,2010        Orientation Date: April 7,2011  Guelph
Nurse and Dietitian: July 4, 2011 they canceled my apt cause no one was ava :(
Rescheduled Date: August 24 2011  2nd Apts: October 4 2011
Nutrition Class: March 27 2012    Meet the surgeon: April 17 2012

Colonoscopy: June 4 2012   Surgery: July 26 2012

Cuter_w_Curves
on 2/18/13 4:51 am - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13

I am 32 and have great elasticity and was told to wait before doing certain ones. By my plastic surgeon, and by my VSG surgeon.

I am going to tell you something my surgeon who did my sleeve told me... Plastics before 2 years of maintained loss is a waste of money and will leave me with results I do not like if I rush and do it too soon.

The "why" of it is that it takes 2 years for our skin to really have a chance to get to where it will sit, and if you have surgery before that point things can pull in unusual ways which leaves you with results you are unhappy about.

The one and only surgery I will consider before the 2 year point is a reduction and I will have to choose to either make it happen and risk the skewed results I was warned about... Or wait.

My reduction waiting 2 years is a long shot as my window for reduction will be 10 months 2 weeks through  14 months 2 weeks post op... or each subsequent year in the same 6 month window

There are "strapless" garments which could help with things sitting properly under your dress. Have you checked these out at all yet?

If I am reading correctly you have nearly 23 months to this wedding? December 2014?

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG. 

PatXYZ
on 2/18/13 11:20 am

I think how long you need to wait depends on how much weight you have lost. I was 235 at my heaviest, now 123 at 11.5 months out. I've had two plastics consults and both surgeons (excellent surgeons with bariatric experience) said they see no reason not to go ahead with surgery immediately as I've been weight stable for nearly 4 months and am at a healthy BMI and don't want children. I'm planning a breast lift, tummy tuck, and thigh lift. They said the concern with bariatric patients tends to be uneven fat loss when people have not lost all of their excess weight, but I have very, very little fat left on my body and they said they don't have any concerns about repositioning. So I think it is very individual. I think the bigger concern for the OP is not having had children. Plastics before kids will likely be a huge waste of money.

I had OHIP approved Duodenal Switch surgery with Dr. Dennis Hong at St. Joseph's Hamilton on March 7th, 2012. Want more information on the DS in Ontario? Send me a private message!
Cuter_w_Curves
on 2/18/13 11:32 am - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13

It is more a matter of the condition of ones skin... If there are stretch marks in the skin then the skin damage may prevent it shrinking back into place, but if there are no deep stretch marks one owes it to them self and their skin to allow it time to heal to the point it can.

I got to having a VSG by having a plastics consult... I'm a little backwards in that respect but it helped me to have certain info in advance.

Are you going with the medial thigh lift?

http://www.surgery.org/consumers/procedures/body/post-bariat ric

PatXYZ
on 2/18/13 11:47 am

I'm having the long incision thigh lift in order to address cellulite on my knees. I've been told I will likely be unhappy with the result of a thigh lift that uses only a groin incision which can't address the tissues around the knee. I'm not worried about the scaring.

I had OHIP approved Duodenal Switch surgery with Dr. Dennis Hong at St. Joseph's Hamilton on March 7th, 2012. Want more information on the DS in Ontario? Send me a private message!
Cuter_w_Curves
on 2/18/13 11:50 am - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13
I've not decided if I can handle hacing lightening bolt thighs over curtain thighs (I'll likely be one or the other once I stop losing).

spooky104
on 2/18/13 5:10 am - London, Canada
RNY on 07/26/12

ya its dec 2014 which will put me just past my two years.... and yes ive looked into a lot of those things im having huge probs with bras right now because there is soo much skin and because im a f 34 now instead of a g 42 its all two hooks so not so wide.. so i have to get custom made... prob is the breast are soo saggy and gross now that i dont think a strapless bra will hold them up to where they need to be lol

Cuter_w_Curves
on 2/18/13 5:32 am - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13

*chuckle*

The only one I would trust to do a custom strapless is in my area. http://www.prettyunderneath.ca/

Just past the 2 years would still be too little healing time for some and you'll likely have scaring issues then also if the surgery is too fresh. I'd want a good 6 months between surgery and healing.

If you are a 34 F with sag though... OHIP would cover a reduction most likely.

And there are very specific lines designed for larger busts which would potentially work for you like panache... http://www.panache-lingerie.com/superbra-by-panache/collection/21540880/Basque their Evie basque supports through the body and is strapless. They have Evie strapless also in everyday wear or the bridal. I often order their line from ebay.co.uk because it is damn expensive to shop in the Canadian stores. Here are some reviews and details on the plain one... 3 hooks. Lots of support... http://www.freshpair.com/Panache-Evie-Strapless-Bra-5320.htm l#.USKcbfKjIeo

Here's where to buy it less expensively (30-50$ is WAY better then the 100-400$ each here) http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=Evi e+34F&_dmpt=UK_Women_s_Lingerie&Brand=Panache

Evie comes with straps also and is convertible... halter, one shoulder, two straps, etc.

*grin* Can you tell Panache has been my life saver for years?

Just make sure you are using the British standard sizing for your measurements. There is a difference...

spooky104
on 2/18/13 5:35 am - London, Canada
RNY on 07/26/12

thanks for the bra tips ill check it out i love freshpair its where ive been getting my glamourise bras..

Cuter_w_Curves
on 2/18/13 5:38 am - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13

I like my wireless glamourise one I had. I should pull that out and try it again... Thank you for reminding me about that one!!

Most Active
Recent Topics