Skin

Brenda T.
on 2/25/13 1:00 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12

Hello peeps.  Ok we all know about the skin and really the loose skin on my body isn't an issue for me at this point. BUT the skin on my face and neck is making me sad. :(

Did anyone else have these issues, and if so, did you do anything about it?

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

chriszski
on 2/25/13 1:13 am - Canada

I'm having the same problem and Im only 4 months out. I feel like my face has aged 10 years. But then again.... I feel 20 years younger.

gardeninggal
on 2/25/13 2:35 am - Midland, Canada

I have the same feelings about my face and neck but I just have to look at my before pics and see that the fat is surely not making me look any younger.  I think that you should embrace your new look and just keep smiling because you are on the fast road to healthyangry and oh yeah:  moisturize every chance you get 

CanDoItFour
on 2/25/13 4:44 am - Canada

Definitely having the same issues.  I'm down 210 lbs, and during the last 40 lbs went into old lady land.  I look worse at 60 than my mom did in her 90's - but, to be fair, SHE was never fat. 

Do anything about it?  Too scared quite frankly.  I looked into injections / treatments, etc., but they are quite painful apparently, rather expensive !!!, and only temporary.  I'm very leery of a face lift because stretched skin like ours is supposed to be hard to work with. 

So, I'm accepting my new face along with my new body.  I figure I have come out on an even keel, or maybe even on the ++ side - my face may look older, but my body is so much better, doesn't hurt as much, clothes fit, and can be active now. 

But yes, I'm sad too.  everyone used to think I looked young for my age.  Those days are gone.  But I still wouldn't trade in any of it!

Claire

HW 350   CW 141   Surgery Feb 2011

JJ_
on 2/25/13 6:45 am

My skin used to be pretty wrinkle free (for someone of 53) because of the nice fat that plumped the skin out.  As I am losing weight my under chin area is a bit ....well looks a bit funny.   I am noticing though that as time goes by, my skin is improving.  I keep myself well hydrated and I also ensure that I get some fat in my diet.  So I have decided that patience will be my watchword. 

I also find that there are some things that are in our control and others that are not.  There may be things that can be done cosmetically, but then again, how long do they last?  how much do they cost?  will I be satisfied with the results?   Do I care that much at my age?

Judy

(deactivated member)
on 2/25/13 9:08 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12

I think you need to wait a while and let the skin on your face settle out, at least a year after you lose your weight. After that perhaps Plastic surgery? Facials and moisturizing in the meantime.

twins4meplus1
on 2/25/13 9:13 am - St Thomas, Canada

My neck was horrible when I initially lost all of my weight. Now I have a bit of a chicken neck but it is not nearly as bad.

I had huge hollows under my eyes and looked sick. I had a little fat sucked out of my sides and had that transferred into my face under my eyes and beside my nose. Fat last a lot longer then fillers.

I've had my lips filled out a couple of times. It lasts for about 6 months and takes away those wrinkles around the upper lip.

I've also done a little Botox for brow lines and between my eyes. I won't do the forehead again as I found it dropped my brow and made my eyes look hooded.

Wow I guess I have done quite a bit but worth every penny as far as I am concerned.

London and Area Support Group Leader
http://www.london-wls-support-group.com/
Come join the Ontario Plastics Patients Board
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Ontario_Post_Plastics 
Come join the Ontario WLS Vets Board
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Ontario_WLS_Vets/
To get your discounted subscription to OH Magazine
Follow the link below and enter the promo code "Terrio11
http://www.obesityhelp.com/magazine/subscriptions.
html

OH certified WLS Support Group Leader

Most Active
Recent Topics