Question about appointments

kristaeb
on 2/25/13 7:48 am

I was wondering why most everyones first app after orientation are with different people. Example, some are with SW some se  NT and others see Surgeon first. Is it based on everyones different needs? Me for example , i need revision so it would make sense to see surgeon first. Because i may not be able to have it done. Thanks Krista.

Sylvie G.
on 2/25/13 8:15 am - Monroeville, IN
RNY on 04/16/13

I think some of the doctors like to meet the patient first so it depends which doctor they assign you to.  I met the doctor first.  I have since switched doctors and I have met the new one too.  He ordered a gastroscopy as I am getting a revision as well.  I am seeing the NUT, RN, SW and having the gastroscopy all the same day in two weeks.  I think it depends on the center as well.  I'm through HRRH.

kristaeb
on 2/25/13 9:02 am

Thanks, i too am going through HRRH. just had my orientation today down there. Thanks for your help ,and got luck on your revision as well.

JEANFISICO
on 2/25/13 8:26 am - Canada

I saw surgeon first and then sw,nurse, diet. then I went back to surgeon for gastroscopy im having revision too, so he wanted to have a look inside to see how stomach was, turns out I have a fistula, thats an abnormal opening, it must be where original staples from stomach stapling let go and a passage was opened between my pouch and my stomach  caused me no problems over the years but gained back all weight plus more, and probably because my pouch was emptying through 2 holes the .  He will fix that with this surgery,   Then I saw him again for the results, but it took forever to see aneathatologist,  I would have a suggestion for you to keep on top of the staff who make the appointments and ask them to get them close together, if they dont let you know when one is, then keep asking them, they may forget to make an appointment and that means you will be waiting  My surgeon sent letter in Nov for apptment with anaeth, but they never made one and I was still without one at Christmas, then the Christmas season came,  I ended up calling the anaesth, myself and got an appointment but it was'nt for 2 month, as he was all booked up, once I got the apptmentent with him I got cleared for surgery the same day, so keep on top of the bariatric staff  My doctor sent my consultation to registry in March /12, it too****il end of july to get letter saying that they got the consultation letter, then in October I went to 1st class orientation, In November I met surgeon, later in November I met sw, diet, and nurse, and it took 3 months to see anaest.  Surgery is on March 14, so total is one year from beginning to end.

kristaeb
on 2/25/13 9:18 am

Thank-you so much for all the help. I am keeping on top of things. I was ref by family doc Jan15/13. I called  2 weeks later to make sure it was received and it was, it was then sent on to HRRH. I called HRRH middle of Feb, they called me back on Friday last Friday and emailed me the package at work, and i was at orientation on today..So i will wait a couple weeks and if i havent heard anything i will start calling again. Also your story sounds just like mine. I had VBG in the 90s. gained all weight back plus now i am at my heaviest. I had abdominal hernia repair 2007.as well. I know i will be having a gastroscopy as well and i am anxious to see what he finds.I am excited for you , March 14 is right around the corner. Keep in touch and let me know how you are doing. Best of luck . Krista.. 

Most Active
Recent Topics