OT-edamame?

shellabella
on 3/1/13 7:49 am - Canada
What is it and where do I buy it? So many people talk about it on all the boards. Feel like I must be missing out!!! Lol

XO-SHELLABELLA
FROM "SHELLEY BELLY" TO "SHELLEY BEAUTIFUL"...EVENTUALLY!
(deactivated member)
on 3/1/13 7:53 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

They are soybeans.  I can buy them in the freezer section of almost every grocery store.  They are sometime sold in the pod and other times already removed from the pod.

shellabella
on 3/1/13 7:55 am - Canada
How do you prepare them/eat them?

XO-SHELLABELLA
(deactivated member)
on 3/1/13 7:59 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I prefer the ones that are shelled already so I just throw them in salted boiling water for 2 minutes then drain and enjoy.  Some people say they are like peanuts to them but to me they are just a really good tasting veggie that is lower in carbs and higher in protein than any other veggie.

shellabella
on 3/1/13 8:01 am - Canada
Hmmm definitely on my shopping list! I like to try new things. It helps when it's good for you too! Lol

XO-SHELLABELLA
(deactivated member)
on 3/1/13 8:39 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12

I love the slight crunch to them.

starfish52
on 3/1/13 8:31 pm - Canada
I buy mine at Costco....big box with separate bags inside...frozen and I just dump the bag into a dish and microwave for2 min a little salt and so good!
NorthernStar
on 3/1/13 9:03 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

I have bought the PC Organics frozen kind. I steam them in shell, put a little salt on and eat. They're pretty yummy and decently high in protein and fibre.

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

kellybelly333
on 3/1/13 10:48 pm - Toronto, Canada

You can also get them dry-roasted. High in calories though, but the ones I get are 190 calories, 18 gr protein and 10 grams of carbs. It fills me up and seems to last a long time.

I only started eating them recently though, so i'm not sure about earlier out and tolerating them.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Lorieliz
on 3/2/13 12:54 am - Canada

Ditto on the Costco thing.I prefer them in the shell- feels more like a snack that way and takes longer to eat. I nuke em in a litttle water and then shake em up with salt AND pepper - the pepper really makes em better.Just as satisfying as popcorn

Referral St. Joe's, Hamilton - Surgery May 28, 013 

Most Active
Recent Topics