Tommorrow is my day and I am TERRIFIED!!!

Jayme34
on 3/12/13 1:48 am - Canada
RNY on 03/13/13

Tommorrow  is my RNY at Guelph General, Surgery is at 10:45 and I have to be there by 8:30ish.

I am having a really hard few days. I havent slept much, my mind keeps racing around like crazy. I keep thinking about how great my life will be afterwards but then I am consumed by all the negatives, like what if i dont wake up, what if i leave my kids without a mother over this decision i have made. Compounded by the fact that my husband is scared as hell too.

I dont think i will sleep at all tonight!

Any encouraging words from others who have been there? Please!

I also want to thank everyone for all the encouraging words and sharing your own personal stories. This website is amazing and I really dont know what i would have done had i not come on here and met all of you!

See you all on the bench!

Guelph Registry July 17,11, Orientation July 27,2012, First appts with Rn,Sw and Dietician on August 14,2012, second appointments on Oct 24 , post op diet class on nov.20 Meet Surgeon January 28/2013 SURGERY - March 13/2013 with Dr. Jules Foute Nelong   

Nanato2
on 3/12/13 1:53 am - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13

Jayme you will do just great we all have these same fears.

I had the same fears about not waking up but one month later and here I am.

Just keeping thinking about what you have to look forward to and how your life and your families life is about to change, think of all the things you will be able to do with your kids this summer.

I am keeping a seat warm for you on the bench tomorrow.

Sending healing and recovery vibes your way. 

Referral- March 2012, Letter April 19, Orientation TWH- June 6, NP - July 3, Sleep Apena test July 16, Internist and SW  - July 17, Nutritional class - July 23, Dietician appt. July 30th, Psych-Social appt - Aug 20th. Follow up with doctor sleep apena Aug. 28th  Surgeons appt. - Dec. 14th Dr. Jackson. Surgery date - Feb 12 2013 - VSG   

MellissaAnn
on 3/12/13 1:53 am - barrie, Canada
Good luck tomorrow, I wish you a speedy recovery.
LeeLeewaysin
on 3/12/13 1:56 am - Constance Bay, Canada

Seek comfort in knowing that you aren't alone. We all share the same fears and anxieties. I'm still waiting for my surgery and feel the same almost every other day about it.  In your heart you know what you want so be strong and proud of your decisions to change your life.

Best of luck and wishes to a healthier you:-)

Orientation: September 21, 2012 Nurse: March 26, 2013 Behaviorist 1st Appt: May 1, 2013, Behaviorist 2nd Appt & Nutritionist: June 18, 2013, Meet Dr. Mamazza Sept 16, 2013 Surgery November 20, 2013

SusieGilbreath
on 3/12/13 2:01 am - Barrie, Ontario, Canada
Jayme!!!! Hugggggss kisses!!!! Stay strong!! Your in great company and fantastic hands!!! TAlk to u sooon!

Susie

Dar_Mab
on 3/12/13 2:24 am - Kitchener, ON, Canada
RNY on 03/08/13

Jayme!   Stay strong girl!  Having just gone through it. you will be okay!    I had been fairly calm and cool about the whole procedure until the night before when I had a breakdown for about 30 minutes.   Through tears was trying to tell my husband which of the children to give which of my rings and jewellery and all the information on our banking etc.     He reminded me of something which snapped me out of it --   we are working with skilled surgeons and a centre of excellence .  It is ALL they do.  And remember they don't want any bad stats for their centres of their reputation so you will have a whole team of people in that operating room pulling for you.   And while there is a small % chance of death, it is neglible and then he reminded me I have a chance of death every time I go out in my car.  So remember you are doing this for yourself and that remain focused on the positive outcome.

And so after that stern reminder I snapped out of my crying / freak out moment and was back to relative calm.  I didn't sleep well that night but probably as much as worrying i would sleep through the alarm. We had to be at the hospital for 6:00 so had to be on the road for 5:00 if Mike was to get a coffee at Timmies which meant I had to be up at 4:15 to have my shower and get dressed.   I have long hair so it takes a while to blow the hair.  Didn't go to bed until almost midnight. Playing volleybal up until 10 and then had some stuff around the house to get done and pack my bags.   Short night but I figured I would get a good sleep when they put me out anyway!

So Jayme remain calm! I will be thinking of you. Be sure to let us know how things went.     Guelph hospital staff are absolutely ywonderful and everything will be good!    

Take a deep breath and clear you mind!

HW: 305   SW: 272  CW: 155  Height: 5'4"

Gma
on 3/12/13 2:30 am

Try to focus on the positives.  You are at the end of 1 journey and beginning of the next and a whole NEW AND VIBRANT life.  From what I understand there will be bumps in the road, but they are all worth it.  I'm waiting for my date now with mixed emotions as well, but everyone I've spoken with who have had it done say that despite the "normal" depression, none of them regret their decision.  Please keep a seat for me.  LOL.  All the best tomorrow and a speedy recovery.  Keep us all posted.

jay_dee_767
on 3/12/13 2:33 am - Canada

Jayme I was terrified too!!! Was scared of the what ifs and the unknown!!1 But after surgery I laughed saying that was nothing to worry about at all!!! I have high blood pressure, cholestrol and sleep apnea!!!! So was very concerned but it was fine :) You will do great !!

Jason

Referral Recieved November 13/12  Orientation Nov.19/12 meet Dr.Klein and NUT Nov .26/12  , Meet the social worker and RN on Dec. 6/12 ,DR.Glazer Dec.13/12 Meet Dr.Klein and pick up optifast Jan.16th 2013 Patts Feb.19th,2013, Surgery March 5th,2013

Patm
on 3/12/13 2:51 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Heres a story from someone much older than you. The future you have to look forward to if you do not have the surgery. To start off with many of us found a new life. We realised we had sidelined ourselves from things due to weight.

I had high blood pressure, diabetes, cholesterol, sleep apnea and constant joint pain. All of these things can be directly shown to be caused by obesity. I was unable to walk without knowing how far I was going until the pain would stop me.

I had my surgery January 2012. I no longer have high blood pressure or diabetes. Although I still have joint pain from the abuse I gave my joints while over weight, I now walk everywhere. Last summer I regularly biked 10-15 km in one trip. I completed the MS bike ride which was 30km.

I wish I had this surgery years ago. I could have been so much more active with my kids. It is normal to have nerves but try to remember why you wanted this surgery.

Ottawa34
on 3/12/13 3:16 am - Ottawa, Canada

Good luck tomorrow you'll do fine and good luck on your new journey - best part no more optifast !

All the best for a speedy recovery  :)

Amy   
Submission for surgery -  October 2009            Info session - Jan 2010 
Nut & RN & behaviourist appt - Sept 2010          Follow up NUT appt - Jan 2011
Surg
eon appt - Jan 2011                                     RNY - March 4th, 2011 

Most Active
Recent Topics