So frustrated

Fabulous_by_Fifty
on 3/20/13 8:18 pm - Canada

Ok so I wait a little over a year to get a phone call to see if I still want to follow the program. Long long wait.  Then 3 weeks later I get a letter in the mail inviting me to orientation which was last night.  That was in January.  Again a long wait but that’s ok.  So I go to the orientation last night and they tell me that they like to combine appointments and get as much done in 1 visit as possible.  So I’m thinking this doesn’t seem so bad.  At the end of the orientation class they give me my next 2 appointment dates.  WOW what a long wait again!  And they are not together.  I have my Social work initial assessment on June 13, 2013 and my Nurse practitioner Initial assessment on Aug 1, 2103.  WOW!!! They are so far away and not together.  Did or is anyone else experiencing this?  Anyone have any suggestions?  When reading other peoples profiles everyone else seems to be getting thru the system much quicker.  I know I have to wait my turn but boy a lot of my enthusiasm left me last night after seeing my dates.

aidan
on 3/20/13 8:22 pm - Canada
My only advice is to call regularly for cancellations. I was through Ottawa and was able to shave months of that way. Hang in there I know the wait is so hard!

johjen
on 3/20/13 8:33 pm

Call regularly for cancelations/new dates.  When you are on site for one apt ask if there were any cancellations that day for any of your outstanding apts.  I shaved months off the process, my last apt was supported to be  april16th... Then sergeon and surgery date.... Today is march 21st and I already had all those apts and surgery date is may 14th

Nanato2
on 3/20/13 10:07 pm - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13

You have to advocate for yourself and keep on top of things or you will get lost in the system.  

Did you attend the orientation at TWH yesterday as I know they had one.

Now that you have your appointments you can call everyday if you want to see if they have any cancelations which makes the process faster.

Good luck.

Referral- March 2012, Letter April 19, Orientation TWH- June 6, NP - July 3, Sleep Apena test July 16, Internist and SW  - July 17, Nutritional class - July 23, Dietician appt. July 30th, Psych-Social appt - Aug 20th. Follow up with doctor sleep apena Aug. 28th  Surgeons appt. - Dec. 14th Dr. Jackson. Surgery date - Feb 12 2013 - VSG   

Most Active
Recent Topics