Bladder incontinance

shellabella
on 4/22/13 11:08 am - Canada
Did anyone have bladder incontinance before surgery? If so, was it resolved after surgery? I am having a big problem with it. I have to wear poise pads all the time. I pee 25 times a day! No exaggeration! My Dr thinks it could be because of my weight. He will look in to it after surgery if need be. I won't likely be having surgery til late June or early July. (Hopefully!)
Any suggestions?

XO-SHELLABELLA
FROM "SHELLEY BELLY" TO "SHELLEY BEAUTIFUL"...EVENTUALLY!
(deactivated member)
on 4/22/13 11:26 am - Oshawa, ON, Canada
VSG on 01/28/13
I was have some minor issues pre-op and now that I think of it, it has been quite a while since I've had any problems.
shellabella
on 4/22/13 11:27 am - Canada
Oh I hope that's true for me!

XO-SHELLABELLA
kristaeb
on 4/22/13 11:39 am

Hi, i havent had my surgery yet and this last year since i have been my heavyiest  i also have to wear poise . I sometimes pee when i cough. But never a problem until i put on so much weight. So i too am hoping it will get better after i start to lose the weight. Good luck...Krista

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

willowraine
on 4/22/13 11:59 am - Guelph, Canada
RNY on 02/06/13
I always thought my incontinence issues were due to having kids but when I was going for all my appointments someone told me it could be due to my weight. I wasn't sure I believed her but I think she was right! Since surgery everything has gotten much better. I'm also not running to the bathroom every hour, nor waking up a few times during the night to pee. Another wonderful advantage of WLS!

Referral Aug/11, transferred to HRRH May/12, Orientation July 4/12, Surgeon July 17/12,     RD, SW  Aug 3/12, RN Aug 22/12, Dr. Glazer/Sleep Study Sept/12, Surgeon Nov 2/12, 1st surgery date (cancelled due to to sickness) Dec 13/12, Re-scheduled for Feb 6/13

Onward and
Downward

on 4/22/13 12:53 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

I have had stress incontinence (peeing when you laugh, cough, sneeze, or do anything strenuous) since giving birth 14 years ago.  Up until just before opti, it was starting to get really bad, but I wasn't sure if it was getting worse because of weight gain or getting older.

Since surgery five months ago, I've lost over 100 lbs and while I still have some stress incontinence, I think it's gotten way better.  I don't pee now when I walk, or even when I run for the bus.  And when I do occasionally leak a bit during a sneeze or cough, it's nowhere near the same volume.

Hopefully yours will improve too!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

shellabella
on 4/22/13 9:08 pm - Canada
Oh thank you so much for the responses. It helps to know I'm not the only one.

XO-SHELLABELLA
(deactivated member)
on 4/23/13 5:43 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12

I had the problem before and sorry to say I still have it.

gimpymom
on 4/23/13 9:51 am

I had problems years ago and had a bladder repair done- which worked a miracle---now with the weight loss I am having issues again- my Dr thinks it is because of the rapid loss- that there is no more support  for the bladder-- I go back to see the urologist in June/july so should find out some answers then-- in the mean time Keigal exercises ++++

referral  Nov 23, 2011 orientation Dec 16   PATT Aug 9 OR DATE Aug. 20, 2012 ACHIEVED CLINIC GOAL Feb. 2013

Most Active
Recent Topics