Saw the PS today. Yay me!

Megan M.
on 6/12/13 11:25 am - Canada

Very impressed, that's all I can say.  Will be having panni, upper abdomen, muscle tightening and hernia repair.  Dr. Uses progressive tension sutures to reattach skin layer to muscle, which promotes healing, eliminates void space where fluid can build up, thereby eliminating the need for drains.  It also secures the incision line in place so it can't ride upward,  he has had tremendous success with this procedure.  I have googled and you tubed it and like what I see.  August 2nd is my day.  Not far off, can't believe this is happening.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

Nathalie_Can
on 6/12/13 11:40 am

Yay for you!  Hope you will keep us posted on how well you'll be doing

:)

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

PaulaToronto
on 6/12/13 12:11 pm - Toronto, Canada

Is this Dr. Kreidstein? How much above OHIP?  Is it done in hospital or his clinic? How long do you have to stay in his vicinity? I'm excited for you!

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

JJ_
on 6/12/13 5:22 pm

YAY!  Congrats on getting your date.    Judy

Megan M.
on 6/12/13 7:27 pm - Canada

Yes, dr, Kreidstein.  Done at Scarborough hospital, one night stay.  I am paying $4000 above OHIP, without mons repair (you know, that oversized, puffy thing!). If I choose mons repair, it will be $5000.  He wants me to stick around here for two weeks - it's not just a little car ride if I need him - that's the only trouble with being so far away.  Don't know if I will stay that long, will have to play it by ear.  Don't know how my cost measures up against what others have paid, but I am satisfied.  I had set a hopeful budget of exactly this amount.

He definitely said first 3 weeks I do nothing - just because I feel good doesn't mean I should do the gardening!   too much can cause fluid buildup issues that would require needle aspiration.  But I am not sure how long I am supposed to be off work.  It's school startup at end of August, and I would hate to burden other staff by not being there, so depending on what he says, I might be able to go back on a modified schedule with someone to shadow me and do the lifting and running around.  

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

kellybelly333
on 6/12/13 11:19 pm - Toronto, Canada

Yay!! Congrats. No drains!! Woohoo!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

PaulaToronto
on 6/14/13 9:10 am - Toronto, Canada

Did he make any suggestions re where to stay right after surgery.  I live alone and am not sure if I will be able to manage on my own. There used to be convalescent places but I don't think they exist anymore. Going into a nursing facility is very expensive.  Does he put into place a nurse coming to your home or wherever you are staying for awhile? With no drains there may not be anything for them to monitor. Hum, he is about 1/2 hour drive from home.  Can you drive at first? Where do you plan on staying. Do you have a partner or friend coming with you?

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

Megan M.
on 6/14/13 12:42 pm - Canada

I didn't ask about where to stay because I plan to stay in my niece's condo building.  There is a guest suite that we can rent by the night for around $80.  It's a full condo with two bedrooms, more or less a hotel suite.  Can cook at my niece's place.  Never said anything about nurses visiting.  I think I will see him a couple of times before I leave for home.  Not sure about driving, I just know that I have to stay very quiet for the first three weeks.

birdiegirl
on 6/12/13 8:19 pm

Hi megan

I am so happy for you!!!....Plastics finish the job....especially if your panni area is droopy etc....

That is a great price too!.....I think I was around $8500 for an extended tummy tuck ....and I had drains....which really worried me pre-op as I hadn't had them before.....( I looked like a terrorist with the binder on and the tubes attached to it....they look like red grenades!)

All the best to you.......I can hear your excitement

(deactivated member)
on 6/12/13 10:38 pm

That sounds exciting!  It sounds like he is well educated in getting the best possible outcome.  Sounds like it will be very successful....the prices doesn't seem too too high either!   

All the best in your next step!

Most Active
Recent Topics