Dr Aarts

Fabulous_by_Fifty
on 6/17/13 8:29 pm - Canada

Finally got my date with the surgeon.  It is July 5th. Whooohooo.  Has anyone had Dr Aarts?  I have seen lots of Dr's names on here but never hers.  If you had her as your surgeon I would love to read about your experience.

Nanato2
on 6/17/13 9:03 pm - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13

I never had her but no few people that have and she is very good doctors/surgeon. You are in good hands.

Referral- March 2012, Letter April 19, Orientation TWH- June 6, NP - July 3, Sleep Apena test July 16, Internist and SW  - July 17, Nutritional class - July 23, Dietician appt. July 30th, Psych-Social appt - Aug 20th. Follow up with doctor sleep apena Aug. 28th  Surgeons appt. - Dec. 14th Dr. Jackson. Surgery date - Feb 12 2013 - VSG   

moniquesgettingft
on 6/17/13 10:37 pm - Scarborough Ontario, Canada
I did not have her as my Bariatric surgeon but she was my gallbladder removal surgeon. She is awesome!! Great bedside manor and such a wonderful person.
Good luck with your surgery. The parking at her office is very far and few between but is directly across from East General Hospital and is extremely accessible by TTC.

Monique
kellybelly333
on 6/17/13 11:06 pm - Toronto, Canada

How long did you have to wait to get in with her? I've been waitingsix weeks for them to get back to me to have mine out. I was in emerg again last night :-(

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

moniquesgettingft
on 6/17/13 11:26 pm - Scarborough Ontario, Canada
2 weeks...see if your GP will referr you too her. She is truly amazing. Good luck, I can only imagine what your going through cause I know how mine was.

My recovery was around a week if not a few days shy.

Monique
kellybelly333
on 6/18/13 12:07 am - Toronto, Canada

You're kidding? My GP did send the referral, and I followed up with a phone call.....six weeks ago.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Needanewbeginning
on 6/17/13 11:58 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Oh pal I am sorry you are having trouble and pain, ouch! Hope you get this taken care of real soon. enlightened

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Terry_R.
on 6/17/13 11:13 pm - Canada

I just had my surgery with Dr. Aarts last Wednesday and I can tell you that she is a fantastic surgeon as well as a compassionate person.  I only met her as we walked into the operating room but could tell just from the way she carried herself that she actually cared about me and that she had the confidence and ability to do a great job.  After the surgery she met with my wife in the waiting room, my wife commented that she looked too young to be doing surgery, but I assure you she is fantastic.  The day after surgery Dr. Aarts came to my room to check up on me and again I was amazed at her bedside manner as well as the compassion that she showed.

I think that you have lucked out with having Dr. Aarts and will be so pleased with having her as your surgeon.  I wish you all the best on your journey and hope that you have the same great experience that I have had.

P.S. The staff in the surgical ward, where you will spend your two nights after the surgery, are also amazing and found them to friendly, professional, and very caring.

P_Floyd
on 6/18/13 1:16 am, edited 6/18/13 1:16 am - Canada

Why my old friend doctor Aarts, she pokes holes in my belly and smiles when I farts! 

Dr. Aarts did my Roux en Y. She gave me some great information and is a comfortable person to be around. Knows her stuff and is confident which goes a long way in my opinion. 

My surgery seemed pretty normal and they had me in recovery on time and all but later that day I started leaking. I was back in my room, all loopy from the morphine, and got up to go to the bathroom. After standing up again I sprung a leak on the port side. Called for the orderly and got some help back to the bed when I started to feel faint. Things got a little weird at that point. Calls were made, people started showing up and I started feeling quite ill. 

So my surgery was first thing in the morning, Dr. Aarts had a second surgery that day and I guess just after than she got the call and headed over to take a look at me. Things are a little fuzzy at this point because I am bleeding out and already buzzed from the drugs and what not. So late afternoon I think, they're all standing around the end of the bed having a good old palvar about me and my trouble making ways. Someone stitched my side up to stop the blood leaking out of me and they rushed me back into surgery to see what happened and fix things up.

I woke up in ICU and spent a couple of days there but I was pretty out of it. I leaked from everywhere they cut and had two transfusions. Acute renal failure, and was tachycardia for about 5 days.  They must have got it just right because I bounced back right away and was released from the hospital on the sixth day. 

Both Dr.Aarts and the administrator for the hospital were in to have a look at talk to me about it. I again saw Dr.Aarts to remove the stitches they used to close my laparoscopic entry wounds. 

Nice person over all, and she cares about her patients. You should give her office a call personally and check on the status. They are nice people and should respond to your questions. 

I would go back to Dr.Aarts for surgery if I needed one that she performs. I think she is a fine surgeon and a caring person.

Long you live and high you fly 
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry 
And all you touch and all you see 
Is all your life will ever be.

DSOTM

Pawsitive_One
on 6/18/13 8:01 am
RNY on 07/02/13

Great poetry P_Floyd!! LOL!  angry

RnY: July 2nd, 2013

Most Active
Recent Topics