Update with pics

MellissaAnn
on 6/24/13 3:01 am - barrie, Canada

well it's been awhile since I have been on here been too busy out enjoying my new life 100lbs lighter, the weather, my family but I do what you all to know I think about you all often and want to give congrats to all of you who have got your dates and have had your sugery in the last couple months, it is such a hard, exciting, overwhelming, life changing experience and journey but it is so worth it.

I spent this past weekend in Tobermory hiking and rock claiming at Cyprus Lake with my family something I wouldn't have been able to do a couple of years ago and a few times through out our hike I would get teary eyed thinking about how much my life has changed and how my family's lives have changed, how I am getting to experience all these new adventures with them and being able to make memories I never thought I would be able to. I don't think there are enough words to describe how grateful and blessed I feel.

here are a couple pics of my hike and a before and after...

patience let's be realistic here, you won't drop two jean sizes in one day, you won't lose fifty pounds in one month, you're going to binge every now and then, you will go a day or two without working out, your weight is going to fluctuate here and there, you're going to try new techniques and they're not always going to work, you're a human being, you're going to fail from time to time but nothing great is ever accomplished without a few obstacles, JUST KEEP GOING.   

kellybelly333
on 6/24/13 3:19 am - Toronto, Canada

Awesome transformation!! Congrats!!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

ToNewBeginnings
on 6/24/13 3:32 am

You look awesome! Enjoy every moment!!!

Julia P.
on 6/24/13 3:49 am - Canada
RNY on 10/16/12

You look great, and it sounds like you're feeling great, too!  Congratulations!

Referral - December 2011 * Orientation TWH - March 13th, 2012 * Nurse Practitioner - April 17th, 2012 * Nutrition Class - April 17th, 2012 * Social Worker - April 24th, 2012 * Dietician - May 1st, 2012 * Psych - May 1st, 2012 * Surgeon - August 17th, 2012 * PATTS - Sept. 12th, 2012 * SURGERY TEGH, Dr. Cyriac - October 16th, 2012

Starting Weight - 320 lbs   *   Current Weight - 178 lbs  *  Goal Weight - 165 lbs 

Urbanlamb
on 6/24/13 3:59 am - Canada

YOU LOST YER BOOBS!!!

*grin*

You look so good, healthy, and happy!!!

Referral Oct 2012~Orientation May 31/13 at Ottawa Civic~Dr.Dent assessment July 16~Nutritionist and Behaviorist Sept 17~ Ultrasound Oct 17~Second appointment with Nutritionist and Behaviorist Nov 6~Approval for RNY!!~BLADDER CANCER DISCOVERED~Currently undergoing treatment for cancer, plans switched from RNY to sleeve...~GOT DATE FOR SURGERY...AUGUST 18th, 2014 with Dr. Yelle*....February 7/17...2.5 years post up and doing great. Starting process for OHIP funded panniculectomy...

MellissaAnn
on 6/24/13 4:26 am - barrie, Canada
I went from a DD42 down to a D38 and they must still be too big because the back pain is horrible.
Patm
on 6/24/13 4:33 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

You look awesome. The pics are great as well.

LorraineC44
on 6/24/13 5:16 am - Etobicoke, Canada

Congratulations you look fantastic...I'm sure you feel fantastic as well!enlightened

Cheers,

Lorraine

Monica9811
on 6/24/13 5:46 am - Peterborough, Canada

So happy for you!  You look amazing.  Congratulations on your success so far!  Very inspiring.

Dar_Mab
on 6/24/13 7:50 am - Kitchener, ON, Canada
RNY on 03/08/13

Congratulations on your successful journey and your recent hike.  Awesome transformation and you look and sound happy.  A real inspiration

HW: 305   SW: 272  CW: 155  Height: 5'4"

Most Active
Recent Topics