plastics questions

Robin H.
on 7/2/13 3:13 am - Thunder Bay, Canada

ok I just had a consultation with a plastic surgeon.  I wanted to hear from people on here though about your experiences and what proceedure you had done.  He recomemnded a full body lift but I know that is out of my price range.  He also said that he would do the pannectomy if that is all I wanted and would be willing to do the fleur des liise. at a top up rate.  I would like to know from people who have had proceedures done.  He has also submitted to do my breast reduction and wants to do the proceedures at the same time.  I am looking for peoples thoughts and experiences.

Robin

kellybelly333
on 7/2/13 3:45 am - Toronto, Canada

I had a panniculectomy, and i'm pleased with the results. However, it is hard to compare with others, because everyone is different! I didn't have much extra skin above my belly button, so a fleur des lise was not necessary. If you can get the breast reduction, go for it. I had one when I was 21 and never regretted it.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Mary A.
on 7/2/13 4:56 am

when I had my consult my plastic surgeon said that she would never do upper and lower quadrants of the body simply for the fact that, you need to be able to use your upper body to use the bathroom or to move

...can you IMAGINE...BEING IN SO MUCH PAIN and not being able to move at all or very little because both the upper and lower quadrant of your body is under repair..for a lower tummy tuck and pannilectomy my surgeons said the recovery would be 8-12 weeks...can't imagine if you had your breasts done at the same time.

I truly understood her convictions for doing this.  When a surgeon recommends a full body lift..you have to really delve into (why)..is it to make their surgery more successful, or to make the most for his/her time..seriously...they don;t make much for the pannilectomy...so it's a bonus for his/her to have you (top up)..and there is NOTHING wrong with that...I am contemplating that very thing myself, but not sure if the $4,000 I have to pay out of pocket...well it's a lot of money.

I will be curious to see what OHIP comes back with...considering that your surgeon submitted for BOTH procedures at the SAME TIME....I won't start a debate on here

...all I will say is having had this go round with OHIP already....I will try to keep up with you and see whether OHIP approves both of your requests?

All the best

(any questions you can always private message me)...

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Robin H.
on 7/2/13 12:59 pm - Thunder Bay, Canada
Thanks for the feedback definitely some food for thought

Robin

Megan M.
on 7/2/13 6:34 am - Canada

Which surgeon did you see, Robin?  My surgery is August 2 with dr. Kreidstein.  He will not do more than one section at a time.  What I am having done will be about 3 hours, and that's enough for one surgery.  He will decide on fleur de lis on the table if he feels it's necessary for a better result.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

Megan M.
on 7/2/13 6:39 am - Canada

Also, I will be asking about breasts after the abdomen.  It's is going to be like painting a house.  When you make one room look nice and fre**** makes the rest of the house look worse!  I truly see how people become ps junkies.  I am constrained by dollars, so I won't be me of them.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

Mary A.
on 7/3/13 12:55 am
On July 2, 2013 at 1:34 PM Pacific Time, Megan M. wrote:

Which surgeon did you see, Robin?  My surgery is August 2 with dr. Kreidstein.  He will not do more than one section at a time.  What I am having done will be about 3 hours, and that's enough for one surgery.  He will decide on fleur de lis on the table if he feels it's necessary for a better result.

Megan, she posted in another thread that she saw a plastic surgeon (new) to Thunder Bay..I tried to google him..but wasn't sure who he was or where he is from.  My #1 criteria was to choose a plastic surgeon specializing in weight loss and breast lift surgery..I didn't want to go to the thumb, or backfat person..IMO just because they are a plastic surgeon..well it's not like they are specializing in the area that I need the work in...

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary

Robin H.
on 7/3/13 2:38 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
His name is dr Sanjay azad and just came from the uk and specializes in post weight loss plastics you can google him

Mary A.
on 7/5/13 12:39 am
On July 3, 2013 at 9:38 AM Pacific Time, Robin H. wrote:
His name is dr Sanjay azad and just came from the uk and specializes in post weight loss plastics you can google him

cool...in your discussion did you ask him why he chose Thunder Bay to open a practice???  JUut curious most plastic surgeons want to go where there is more clientele and oviously more $$.

Did you see before and after pictures of his work????

Mary

Robin H.
on 7/5/13 3:48 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
Yes he showed me lots of before and after photos and even news articles about some of his patients as helping post wls is what he specializes in. My understanding is he moved to Canada as he has young children and wanted better opportunities for them but I did not ask the question directly .... So may be here say. He has also been involved in many research papers and presentations on post wls reconstructive surgery. Mary for some reason I can't respond to your private messages sorry about that. I will certainly keep you all informed as this process unfolds for me.

Robin

Most Active
Recent Topics