7th day post op

kristaeb
on 7/3/13 12:29 am

So i seen my family Doc this morning, my blood pressure is still good, so i am only on 1 pill now .. I was on 3 before surgery. Yesterday i started to have a little mild pain in my left upper front shoulder. It comes and goes so have to keep an eye n that, If it gets worse or shortness of breath i will go to Emerg...I still have 4 needles of blood thinner to take so if it is a clot forming hope those will take care of it.. Pain in the left shoulder is one of the things to watch for after surgery, its on the sheet they gave me. Other than that i feel good and everyday is getting better..kiss..Krista

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

Mandalious
on 7/3/13 1:52 am - Canada
RNY on 12/03/13

Thats all great news.

I hope your shoulder feels better. That can make you nervous. Dont play with it, always better to be safe then sorry.

Referral May 17 '13 / Orientation June 17 '13 / Meeting w Dr Hagen June 26 '13 / RN,RD,SW July 31 '13 / Dr.Glazer Sept 3 '13/ Sleep Study Sept 5 '13 /2nd app w Dr Hagen Sept 16 '13 / F/U w  Dr Glazer  Sept 23 '13 / PRATTS Nov 14 '13/ Surgery Dec 3rd '13

Elektra_Kat
on 7/3/13 2:59 am
RNY on 06/26/13

I'm seven days post-op today, too.

I continue to be doing really well, I think. (I go to the WMC tomorrow for my one week follow-up) I ache on my left side, but nothing at all *painful*, just more annoying come the end of the day. The Clinic called today to check in and she explained that ache a bit more. I was under the impression it was just because that's where the work had been done, but she pointed out that they had to sever muscles and sew them back up. The ache makes loads of sense now! lol

I feel good walking about, but I am not a person to get up and have a shower and get dressed immediately so I suppose I could be walking more frequently.

I must say, though, that I despite knowing I am getting 90g of protein, and knowing that I am getting in fully 2L of fluids, I wonder if I am doing things correctly. I feel I spend pretty much the entire day sipping on protein shakes and water or taking wee spoons of broth or applesauce or whatever. I have as yet to feel either hunger or full. Too full. I just constantly feel that I have no need for anything, so I am consciously making sure to get in my liquid.

And I agree: every day gets easier, and I say this having come home feeling really great. The toughest part of any day for me is getting out of bed in the morning without making my left side hurt.

All is well.

Mary A.
on 7/3/13 4:08 am

sounds like you are doing well, just remember like all things you will have highs and lows..but remember 6 months a year down the road those HIGHS will outweigh any of the lows you may have along the way.

remember to keep a set of your largest clothing to hang inside your closet~!!

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active
Recent Topics