Going back to work ?

kristaeb
on 7/4/13 3:29 am

Well i was thinking before surgery i may be back to work in 2 weeks ,Its been 8 days already... I have a desk job,but i dont think i will be ready..My husband said no way am i going back that soon lol... I will take it slow and see. Maybe 3 weeks. I am not going  to rush things and want to feel comfortable sitting in a chair . I might even go back for half days , i will talk to my boss and see.. But its the lower part of my stomach that has the most bruising and is really soar and sitting up too long is something i cant do well right now.How long were some of you off if you dont mind me asking? Thanks Krista...

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

LilyBugsMommy
on 7/4/13 3:35 am - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 03/12/13

I have a desk job and I was off for 5 weeks. I did have an infection in the camera incision that I felt delayed my recovery by about a week, so, I might have been able to go back at 4 weeks without the infection.

Don't ru**** if you don't have to! Part of my extra week off was also to let me get my eating figured out before I had to spend all day at work. I definitely didn't want to be figuring things out there :)

Referral to Ottawa: Jan/11 Info Session: May/11 Nurse: Feb/12 Dietician/Behavourist/Abdominal Scan: Apr/12 Pre-op Education Class: Feb. 6/13 Meet Surgeon  Feb.15/13 Surgery with Dr. Raiche March 12/13!!

The race isn't given to the swift nor the strong, but it's given to the ones who endure it to the end...

kristaeb
on 7/4/13 3:43 am

Thanks hun, Glad to hear your infection cleared up..I have made up my mind , i am not rushing back, i will take it day by day.. Thanks again..Krista..

Monica M.
on 7/4/13 5:17 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

if you have sick benefits, take as much time as you possibly can!! i have a desk job, but it was more the routine of eating and drinking that had me flustered. I took 9 weeks.

Nanato2
on 7/4/13 6:51 am - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13

I have a desk job my doctor gave me 6-8 weeks off and I took the full 8 weeks.

Referral- March 2012, Letter April 19, Orientation TWH- June 6, NP - July 3, Sleep Apena test July 16, Internist and SW  - July 17, Nutritional class - July 23, Dietician appt. July 30th, Psych-Social appt - Aug 20th. Follow up with doctor sleep apena Aug. 28th  Surgeons appt. - Dec. 14th Dr. Jackson. Surgery date - Feb 12 2013 - VSG   

Paddycke51
on 7/4/13 7:31 am - Mississauga, Canada
I have a desk job and I took 6 weeks off plus two weeks holidays. Total 8. You really need it to sort out your food. When I went back I still have a hard time try to figure what would stay down. I'm three month post, and still trying to figure it out.

Take as much time as u can.
Paddtcke51    
Lori_Lee
on 7/4/13 8:14 am - Canada

Hi Krista,

I'm with the other, have a desk job and took 6 weeks and two day - sadly I started back this week. I know you feel you can do it, maybe even starting to go a bit stir crazy but if you can honestly take the time. I was not ready at all a d probably could have used another week. 

The big thing is you need to get comfortable eating and know what you can and can't tolerate.  You haven't started soft foods so it will be hard to go from one stage to the next. I am sure te last thing you want is to find out a food is not good for you at work and et sick. 

This is your time to heal, recover and relearn - this chance only comes once!  

Lori Lee

TWH Orientation - Oct 17, 2012   SW - Nov 19, 2012   Nurse - Dec 12, 2012  Group Nutrition Class - Jan 14, 2013  Psychologist Feb 12, 2013  Nutrition March 15, 2013 Surgeon - April 5th (Dr Penner) Surgery May 16th 

kristaeb
on 7/4/13 8:56 am

Thanks so much guys.. I think i will take the extra time off. I want to be ready, and its important for me ... Thanks again for the input.....Krista..

Hanneli xoxo
on 7/4/13 10:20 am - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12

I took 4 weeks off, 3 of short term disability and one week of vacation I had left still to take... I could have went back after 3 weeks. I also have a desk job. also, i should note I had no complications.

reenie33
on 7/4/13 12:06 pm

I was thinking that I will go back to work next Friday , I know your case is more special, but perhaps Im overshooting the mark??? I only housekeep 2 hrs one day 3 the next and three the following day. Its alot of vaccuming and bending over alot, dusting and polishing and floors. Now Im scared to hope. Everytime I drink ANYTHING it is followed by a sharp gas like cramping  pain that goes straight across my abdomen about 2 inches above my navel. Trust me Im doing the 30 mls every 15 mins TO 25 MINS, and not overdoing it ( I dont think) Im staying up late tonite just to be sure I can get in this protein h2o drink that Ive been working on since 4. iM SO THIRSTY  , AND cant do anything about it ... and Im pissed off about it.... Im so sorry for not being more positive

I guess everyone should just go with what feels right to them as far as work. I am so sorry that you cant even sit up for long

Most Active
Recent Topics