Stall Stall Stall go away

crstalww
on 7/9/13 2:27 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 11/06/12
So I have been stalled for the last month and half or so. I lose a few pounds then gain it back back and fourth. its driving me nuts. any advise . I have be excerising aka jogging and I know Im building muceles. I can tell my clothes are fitting loser and the inches are moving. So again I ask how can i get the scale to move down and not back up. Also ( no one scream at me ) I am 8 months out and wanted to know about calories how much I should be eating on a work out day and how much not on a work out day? Ive been faithful loging on myfitness pal and I measure my food. Advise is all Im looking for so no scolding me. I am aware that some doent count calories only carbs sugars and protein. I want to make sure Im not over or under doing it.

Orientation: July 23 2012       Dr Sullivan : August 16, 2012 Dietician, SW, RN, Sept 26, 2012    Dr Sullivan Oct 17, 2012 and pick up Optifast   PATTS: October 24, 2012         Surgery: November 6, 2012. Starting weight 277 surgery weight 268

Delicious_Delilah
on 7/9/13 2:49 am - Ottawa, Canada

Can't help you on the stall issue necessarily. 

You don't say how many calories you're taking in, but I do know that if you are very active you do need to up your calories and carbs or your body might go into starvation mode.  It might be worthwhile for you to talk to the dietician at your centre.  I know that at my six month appointment, she made some calculations based on my very active lifestyle (kickboxing, strength training, yoga, etc.), and wanted me to substantially increase both my calories and carbs, especially on workout days.  In fact, I practically fell off my chair when she told me how many calories and carbs she wanted me to eat -- she wanted me to go from about 900-1000 calories a day to closer to 1500 calories with about 150 grams of carbs (actually she said 180 grams of carbs, but I had her take it down a notch -- so she said between 150-180 grams).  I find the carb count still a bit high, but do aim for higher calories and carbs, and it has not hindered my weight loss.  I've upped my intake to about 1350-1400 calories and about 120-130g of carbs.  I'm still losing almost 4 lbs a week on average (though I tend to stall for 1-2 weeks, then all of a sudden will drop 8lbs, then I repeat the cycle).  There will be some who will tell you keep your carbs low, but I do think everyone is different.  For some, carbs may trigger other cravings, but for me, healthy carbs in the way of fruit and whole grains, seems to work.  But I do watch them like a hawk!

But your dietician can help you calculate what your calories/carbs should be based on your height/weight and activity level.  She was very helpful in this regard in my case.

Good luck!

crstalww
on 7/9/13 2:52 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 11/06/12
Thank you . I am only getting about 750 to 900 max on a regular.

Orientation: July 23 2012       Dr Sullivan : August 16, 2012 Dietician, SW, RN, Sept 26, 2012    Dr Sullivan Oct 17, 2012 and pick up Optifast   PATTS: October 24, 2012         Surgery: November 6, 2012. Starting weight 277 surgery weight 268

Patm
on 7/9/13 5:48 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I think the previous person is right. You need more calories when you exercise or your body feels starved. Healthy carbs are fine. It is refined sugar most of us can't tolerate. Hopefully some of the active people here will chime in. Look ay the What are you eating doing thread. Kelly is very active, training for a marathon. Check some of her menus. She is in maintenance but you could just have a little less

Good luck

(deactivated member)
on 7/9/13 6:23 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12

I agree that you may need more calories especially on days you are exercising I am almost 9 months out have lost 100 lbs and eat between 1000-1200 per day. I am still losing. I know we are all different but you may want to try to increase your calories a bit.

willowraine
on 7/9/13 10:12 pm - Guelph, Canada
RNY on 02/06/13

I've been wondering about this as well and will be asking the dietician at my 6 month appointment about the number of calories I should be consuming.  I work out most days, burning anywhere from 700-900 calories and usually consume less than 900.  I 'think' I need more calories but I must admit I'm a bit scared to go higher just in case I don't need them.  Ugh...never thought I'd be worrying about not eating enough!  Plus I find it hard to get in food with all the water I should also be drinking. 

Referral Aug/11, transferred to HRRH May/12, Orientation July 4/12, Surgeon July 17/12,     RD, SW  Aug 3/12, RN Aug 22/12, Dr. Glazer/Sleep Study Sept/12, Surgeon Nov 2/12, 1st surgery date (cancelled due to to sickness) Dec 13/12, Re-scheduled for Feb 6/13

Mary A.
on 7/15/13 1:58 am

just make sure while increasing those calories, that it comes in the form of protein FIRST~!!

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active
Recent Topics