Fear of failure

dswecker
on 7/15/13 7:05 am - MD
RNY on 06/26/13

I am so confused I am 19 days out and my Dr put me on puree foods after week 1. I struggle with puree only because I have know idea what to try and puree. I have tried chicken salad (sorta) and different types of soups and one thing I am really practicing is the chew chew chew methodology. For, what ever reason though I have no uncomfortable feelings when I eat, and have not gotten sick off of anything. Another item is that people say that sugar makes them sick, maybe it is me but I never ate anything with alot of sugar to began with and those foods that I did eat I can still eat (at least what I have tried). I am so afraid that I am going to fail and now that I see that I am not having the same response to foods as most everyone else I am really starting to freak out about it.

Donna Swecker

Diminishing Dawn
on 7/15/13 7:14 am - Windsor, Canada

You  early out and it's very common not to have much sensation in your pouch. That is why measuring is so important. 

Eat til the absence of hunger (as measured). Don't count in a full sensation.  That's "overstuffed"

Focus on protein and veggies for the most part and you'll be fine. Shop from the outside aisles of the supermarket only and you will get there. 

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

dswecker
on 7/15/13 7:30 am - MD
RNY on 06/26/13

Thank you and I do try and measure everything.

Donna Swecker

kristaeb
on 7/15/13 7:31 am, edited 7/15/13 7:32 am
Hi, I am at pureed stage as well. I can eat home made chicken veg soup, hummus, poached egg, peas and carrots..I have no issues either.. I follow guidelines ..And I listen to my body and go slooowwww..I started pureed the 3rd week out...Suppose to be on pureed for1 week then minced..Im through HRRH....You will be fine if you follow your guidelines...Good luck Krista...

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

JJ_
on 7/15/13 10:05 am

Do you have food lists for food at each stage?  In Ottawa we receive a booklet called My Meal Planner.  It covers Optifast, vitamins, and the various stages of eating post-surgery.  At each stage I highlighted the food stuff I wanted to try to eat.  Then I shopped for those items.  I ate each one individually to see if I would have issues with it.  Nope, no problems.

I am currently 18 months post-op and I have no issues with chicken, beef, seafood, pork, eggs, etc. I am also down over 150 lbs.  Just take a deep breath and trust the process.  If you are ever concerned about your individual progress or what you are eating, you can always schedule a time slot with the APN or Nutritionist.  They are there to provide you with the professional help that you may need from time to time.

Good luck on your journey.

Judy

Ingrid K.
on 7/15/13 9:19 pm - Canada
I am a month out and I had exactly the same fears. All the experienced members told me to stick to the doctors eating instructions and have faith. I think they are all on the money!!! I wouldn't have know I had surgery if it weren't for the tenderness in my muscles. I had it really easy in that way and was worried because I had it too easy!!! I really think I can't rely on the feeling of being full because my pourch is still recovering. I measure all my food, track what I eat, get in my vitamins, and protein (water too) then let the rest take care of itself. On top of it all, I think I am a slow loser. I lost the first week and then 1 pound for the next two. I stuck with it and this week have started losing again. I think it is a very confusing time because I don't know what is normal. Others on this site have helped me to realize that my experience is also normal, so it makes it easier not to worry and concentrate on following the guidelines. I wish you well and hang in there
Most Active
Recent Topics