Adjusting.. ( Buying Food )

kristaeb
on 7/20/13 10:25 am

Hi , i am noticing that i am buying WAY to much when i go grocery shopping..Even when i cook my meals i make too much and i am freezing so much. I guess i am still trying to wrap my head around the small amount that i eat . I am going back to work Monday and i am all stocked up on freezer dishes for sure lol. I have homemade soup, hummus, and beef with mixed veggies for my minced stage that i just started. So i have been on line gathering recipes so i can use up what i have bought, once i go through whats in the freezer. No issues so far with the minced stage either, things have been going so well i almost feel myself waiting for something to go wrong.Not that i am complaing ,i just need to stay postive.. Anyone else ever felt like this? Thanks for any responces..Krista..

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

(deactivated member)
on 7/20/13 11:00 am - Straford, Canada

yup, been there, done that!  I like allrecipes.com because it allows you to adjust the recipes to reduce the number of servings so I can make small quantities of whatever.  I have found getting the stuff out of the freezer is a big challenge.  Good luck back at work!  

kristaeb
on 7/20/13 11:21 am

Thanks Ian, have a good night..

JJ_
on 7/20/13 3:57 pm

You will adjust.  I make my frozen meals and then plan to use them up before I buy more stuff.

Judy

muknanav
on 7/20/13 10:02 pm - Erin, Canada

Sounds like you're very organized and ready to head back! Good luck! And I'm sure that it'll just take time adjusting to what you can eat. When I was on Opti, I made 2 HUGE racks of ribs for my husband and small children. My husband was eating ribs for a week! enlightened It's an adjustment, that's for sure! 

Anita

5'8" ~ HW: 350 ~ Starting Weight at Guelph: 338 ~ Starting Weight on Opti: 313 ~ Surgery Weight: 298 

RNY July 17, 2013 ~ Dr Foute-Nelong ~ CW: 159

Monica M.
on 7/20/13 11:07 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

i like making "normal" batches of stuff and having lots left over to freeze

CathyinPtbo
on 7/21/13 12:26 am - Canada

I find I am having some of the same issues, the fridge is always overflowing and I hate wasting food. Buying way more that I can eat.

kristaeb
on 7/21/13 6:57 am

Thanks guys, i have made my menu out for the next three days , so that will help clean out some of my meals in the freezer.. Have a good week everyone..Krista

Onward and
Downward

on 7/21/13 2:31 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

I hear you.  For me, it's perishables like salad fixings and berries and such that I have to be careful not to buy too much of, because of course they'll just go to waste since I can't eat very much of any of them at a time.  I've thrown away a sinful amount of food while trying to get a feel for how much I should be buying!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Lorieliz
on 7/22/13 2:31 am - Canada

Thank gawd for the garburetors that are my teenage boys. Always have "too much" when I make something and the perishables would make me cry except for being able to "download" to the boys. I make my lunch and they are like puppies waiting on the floor for leftovers to drop. IF they are too full, my husband is always willing to eat a few bites. They are getting very used to me "sharing".

My Yorkie is also reaping the benefits.

Referral St. Joe's, Hamilton - Surgery May 28, 013 

Most Active
Recent Topics