REACTIVE HYPOGLYCEMIA

Niki L.
on 7/24/13 7:14 am - Canada
RNY on 10/15/12
Anyone out there dealing with this I am 8 mons out and have lost 136lbs finding it hard to eat much drinking well dizzy alot have been passing out .Any tips or ideas would be great ty Niki

Diminishing Dawn
on 7/24/13 7:56 am - Windsor, Canada

Been dealing with it for over 5 years.  No more than 25 carbs per meal.  You are having too much sugar and we have to remember that carbs are sugar.  Protein is key.  Limiting all carbs.  Carbs should always be eaten with a protein and alone.  

Look into primal/paleo recipes. 

Send your email to me and I'll send you onfo

dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Niki L.
on 7/24/13 9:01 am - Canada
RNY on 10/15/12
Ty dawn I had hypoglycemia since birth they have told me I have reactive as well they want me to eat more carbs I feel so lost about what to do I will try about 25 carbs a meal see if it helps

sassygurl
on 7/25/13 1:31 am - Wasaga Beach, Canada

I deal with this also. Listen to Dawn, she is correct with the carbs and protein suggestions. Eat protein with each meal and snack. It will help. I also find that having a glass of milk before bed helps as well.

This is controllable with good eating habits.

Denise

(deactivated member)
on 7/25/13 6:05 am - Vaughan, Canada

I too get reactive hypoglycemia on ocassion.  And funny, it always happens while I'm driving and it's like I hit a brick wall.  I always carry a protein bar or almonds to help for those times.  I am 2 years out and have been dealing with it since surgery.  Good luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics