Missed Dietitian...

kristaeb
on 7/24/13 2:33 am

Well i was suppose to go to see the dietitian today for 12:30 at HRRH, but our car broke down just as we were leaving... Thank god it broke here and not during our 21/2 hour drive.. So i called and canceled and have to call back for another appointment . I was looking forward to meeting REENIE... Anyone ever have appointment over the phone do to long tavel times after surgery?

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

meighanfish
on 7/24/13 4:45 am

I am sure they would talk to you over the phone.  I live 2 hours from Ottawa and after my surgery I talked to both a dietitian and the nurse.  If it is just a conversation and they do not actually need you to check anything or to do any tests then I would just ask about it.  Hope they accomodate you :)

Tanya

kristaeb
on 7/24/13 6:48 am

Thanks Tanya, i havent had any issues at all so far. So i will see what they say..Thanks Krista..

EternalEx
on 7/24/13 7:02 am - Canada
I was there today - you didn't miss much lol no tests, and i spent maybe 3 minutes with the nurse. The class had a powerpoint presentation so i'm sure they could send that to you and do a phone follow-up (you probably know everything they talked about anyways!)
kristaeb
on 7/24/13 11:15 pm

Thanks Norma, i am hoping for a phone follow up, i will see. Take care Krista..

reenie33
on 7/24/13 7:04 am

I looked for ya, and I thought you were not present. Anyhow you missed out on getting weighed and a few pages of a small booklet. It basically covered everything that has already been covered. Like how to eat and how much. I am sure if you call the clinic they will mail you it and do your appt over the telly. That would be the time to ask any questions that you have about diet and exercise and vitamins. Very few people were afforded the time for a one on one with the reg. dietician. Some were weighed before the class by the nurse... the rest were told to wait until after. Scheesh kinda made me feel like it was somewhat of a BIG TIMEWASTER, as were all hearded into the room and told to not ask questions until after.. I kept putting my hand up to be responded to after the class but was passed over completely. We were told to go slowly adding new foods and to cut it up the size of a pea and to try anything we felt like... giving consideration to sugar and carbs and fat. I hope your car dosent set you back too much in the bill dept. I am looking forward to salad soon, as I have tolerated cucumber and tomato already.. its the lettuce that has me a lil afraid

kristaeb
on 7/24/13 11:14 pm

Thanks Reenie, i was looking forward to meeting you... I will give them a call and see what i can do.. I have to get down to see Dr Hagan as well. He wanted to see me 2 weeks after surgery , but i was just too soar to make the long drive.It was the water pump that went on the car , so its going in Monday to get fixed...Take care Krista..

reenie33
on 7/25/13 2:57 am

Maybe I will see you at the 3 month follow up?? dunno if its a group thing though. Thats on SEPT 24TH I believe.

Most Active
Recent Topics